• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. smegun

95 in a 94

my exp is now looking for a block I have an offer for a 95 ohv short block with a 100k for under 300 with a guarantee from a good salvager .....would just have to pick it up and install it pretty sure there real close the yard man had it up on the computer and says there the same but I...
  2. smegun

cmp timing

so my 94 has been a bad boy and im not satisfied with the truck and its ability to cruise as in now power to pass or better get out the way ive put some time into head gaskets and head work and was working on my other problems as in why the truck seemed tardy ive posted a few picks hoping...
  3. smegun

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L oil pressure help

did some fuel pressure repairs dropped my gas tank and fixed a seal replaced some lines got my fuel pressure up 10-15 but my oil gage states higher now and even fluctuates a little above the high mark with some rpms … I had to burp my radiator once but it still staying up higher than normal...
  4. smegun

cmp 360

a little a literal : when i start to compress the gas what good would it be when im farting: / i was told to wait for the rev that both valves were closed but im rehashing here :/ ? ….theoretical the sensors need to inform the PCM when to drop the negative lines letting in the mix to...
  5. smegun

cmp 360

a little a literal : when i start to compress the gas what good would it be when im farting: / i was told to wait for the rev that both valves were closed but im rehashing here :/ ? ….theoretical : the sensors need to say when to drop the negative lines letting in the mix to...
  6. smegun

vacuum advance

very intermittent 3rd run its back to crawling along I think I got a fuel pressure problem or still and electric problem like the pcm needs a driver and wants to detune and there is flutter at valves on fuel delivery looking for the the power transistors for the pcm anyone now of a good...
  7. smegun

vacuum advance

I got it together with what I had (extra pcm , new crank sensor) I got all kinds of skematics from oriely's regarding the power distribution box informative but lacking a relation to ground on a component basis I asked the tech at the parts store about if there was a sams to step through but...
  8. smegun

vacuum advance

good stuff I wonder if that is happening sometimes around start up the truck sounds right but later fades on a stiffer throttle …. doing the cam sensor thing I was trying to decide what was in that package the sensor has magnets the vane passes through somewhat invulnerable but there was...
  9. smegun

vacuum advance

recently on last run I noticed some lengthy gear switching into od but run before was typical even a slight up hill downshift into 3 ive got two brains and a few of the edis moduals ill do that its good stuffing do you know how the cam sensor interacts with the crank also? like someone...
  10. smegun

vacuum advance

it was a project that I was going to do but the hardware store order 1/4 I don't like the look of one of my quick connects but there quite lengthy seated I ignored it 3/8 to 5/16 …….when doing the fuel rail last time the shrader gave up good and so did the back feed on the rail so I think im...
  11. smegun

vacuum advance

I suppose I could some how did you ever notice on the fuel rail besides the shrader valve is an indent for another inlet like someone had the idea to connect something there was there another model that had an active fuel pressure gage? like the manufacturer projected something for that...
  12. smegun

vacuum advance

I know my mix isn't right I cant excellerate there is bog it idles fine and drives fine without any or minimum pedal can even get to 65 miles an hour but dam slow and any pedal is bog with roughness and possible top end noises like lifter flutter the mix isn't right I was told...
  13. smegun

vacuum advance

some members tell me I got no advance because I got no vacuum ...old school I believe em but I got a newer booster and newer silicon tubes were needed at points and its a new lower manifold gasket (newer head job) new injectors ….were can I find more vac the modulator ? shifts ok ...
  14. smegun

power distribution box pcm 60 pin connector and pin 1 yellow keep alive

your right all check yea that could be me duh thanks ill be looking …. I had problems with the crank sensor getting it running I reverted to my old original one it started the truck I have been cleaning up my grounds along the body shell also I was wondering which component /sensor...
  15. smegun

94 explorer xlt 4.0 ohv vin x automatic 4x4 a4ld the pdf is to show differences in the wireing for sequential
  16. smegun

I been trying to trouble shoot my electrical system I have the pcm 60 pin connector disconnected and checking for continuity between pins for crosstalk …. If I start with pin 1 yellow keep alive power it beeps with the ground 60 40 and other pins until I disconnect the din harness connector...
  17. smegun

codes 175 176 red and grey pcms are not alike there is life from the bog

what can i do to improve the vacuum advance ? new lower intake manifold gasket new head gaskets newer brake booster new relays ...air intake check good air box is ok .... im beeping out the cabin 60 pin connector for the pcm and ive got a lot of beeps when doing continuity from the...
  18. smegun

173 and a 137

i got a 173 and a 137 tonight after a 40 mile trip farthest ive gone since head job I just put new injectors in so its like I didn't put injectors in :/ anyway im out of thinkers like I beeped the harness back to the main harness all the injector + positives are continuous and all the...
  19. smegun

codes 175 176 red and grey pcms are not alike there is life from the bog

what can i do to improve the vacuum advance ? ? was on a stretch of highway its a slow speed gainer like no passing I mean it gets there 60 miles an hour but slowely no traffic performance yet ... the heads sound ok together but its just boggy like not enough mix to do the trix …. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad