• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. dustyrangers

Guide rig

PO made the bumper and mount in my profile pic that I had a 10k warn on until recently. Still have it but some of the main welds are cracked (this PO really knew what he was doing 😂) and I am trying to think of ways to mount it behind the grill now.
  2. dustyrangers

03 Supercab - Camper Build?

I looked through the axles at the yard a bit more thoroughly yesterday and they’re all way crusty and don’t match my gearing so I’m passing for now and digging into my existing rear end instead. Definitely needs a full rebuild including the races and bearings. Thinking I might stick with this...
  3. dustyrangers

Thanks for saving me another trip to the junk yard (luckily it's only about 5 min from my house). I wasn't planning to get into a whole axle but I likely will pull one and start with trying to pair the brake brackets up first and then rebuilding to swap in the bigger axle eventually. I've read...
  4. dustyrangers

I found one of those explorers at the junk yard today. The disc mounts look like they will bolt up directly and I’m going to go back when the weather is nice to pull a pair. Researching new leafs and might go with the 6 inch arc and take the blocks out. Looking at code 1 torsion bars for the...
  5. dustyrangers

Any idea if I can switch the higher spline axles into the existing housing and change the gear-set to match? I was planning a rebuild at least anyway and it looks like I can deal with disc brakes separately.
  6. dustyrangers

This is a common theme for me. Some might call it a problem, but the fun for me is in the process and I'm never in much of a hurry. Nice! That's exactly what I mean. I've heard of the L2s with the higher spline count but a) have never seen one in the scrap yard b) don't think it had disc...
  7. dustyrangers

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that it looks great all stripped down 😂. More snow last night and just trying to keep it clean. Was hoping to get at those old leaf hangers today but might have to wait.
  8. dustyrangers

A lot of bad weather recently with some really nice days mixed in. Prepping the rear to get at the leaf brackets and probably springs and strut mounts... Any rear axles with bigger diff and disc brakes fit up nicely to this guy?
  9. dustyrangers

New shocks

I have a superlift on the same truck and not much fits in that front area. Superlift makes a decent shock and I got the 2" tube pro comp from a Jeep that fit with about 2mm clearance after trying about 5 others (thanks to the local 4wd parts for the returns hahaha). Pro Comp rides pretty nice...
  10. dustyrangers

Random thoughts are my favorite. I'm planning to re-purpose the floor/face lines to route to front and back instead and hadn't considered adding some extra power as I will probably need it.
  11. dustyrangers

I’m trying not to touch the actual heat and ac right now because it runs pretty well. At the same time it’s why I plan to leave the dash off as there are a lot of little things that can break back there and I need heat and AC if I want to be able to tell my wife it is a daily driver 😂
  12. dustyrangers

I stripped the seats down over the weekend as well. Thinking about trying to retool these by cutting off the “40” part of the driver seat and putting new foam and upholstery. The foam I have is nasty and I’m having a hard time finding new, though. I had some buckets that’s were a direct fit in...
  13. dustyrangers

I don't think I've heard a 4.0 with exhaust but would be going with something on the quieter end. My brothers are into the tuner stuff more than me and we had a 2.3 with a cherry bomb and a 2.5 with the dynaflow system that drove me insane. PO put a cold air intake and throttle body spacer...
  14. dustyrangers

Pulled the exhaust today after a lot of cleaning parts. Hole in my muffler so looking to replace at least that section. Any cat back systems plus manifold recommended for performance to price ratio? I think I’m as far as I want to get into the engine and am probably going to drop the...
  15. dustyrangers

There is metal in there! Cleaning up pretty nice and working on my parts list. Will post once I’m further along. I’m trying to decide if I want to strip back my wiring harnesses to what I need and/or start with a new one. The under dash harness is a bit iffy looking and I’m looking to stamp...
  16. dustyrangers

Half day at work so I had some extra time. Interior gutted as much as I plan to with the weird hard plastic vent part of the dash and doors out. Interior is looking more and more fun. Still thinking about that rust...
  17. dustyrangers

Here's the real rust problem. Way worse than I was expecting and this is just with a boot and bare hands. I know this is sort of common on these... is this a place I can grind off and weld a tube to? Picture a 2 inch round tube starting around where the hole is on the right and going to the...
  18. dustyrangers

The BRATS come up for sale every once in a while here on the front range that are often for parts and I never thought of that one. Thank you!
  19. dustyrangers

If I do a pass-through, I'm picturing a boot like you'd see on the split-buses so it can flex with the cab, and behind that would be the camper just big enough for a bed. Then behind that would be a flat-bed. I'm thinking of using one of these UTV jump seats as the rear seat. Either that or...
  20. dustyrangers

Weather was bad today and I don’t have a garage so I spent most my free time covering things and getting a setup that works for the longer haul in the crazy Colorado weather. Valve covers are off and drivers side is way dirtier than the passenger. PO had some crazy gaps going on in the plugs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad