• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rangerblue

Broke ignition accuator rod

This is on my 99, the sliding accuator rod is broken, after looking I think it broke before and they glued / used epoxy to put it back together, I haven't took the colum apart yet but have researched the part and it looks a bit different than I picture in my head...
  2. Rangerblue

2.5 and 2.3 lima engine compatibility

The engines are almost identical, can they be swapped without changing pcm? Are there any parts differences? Only thing I found was the 2.5 coolant sending unit is in a different location I have a 2.5 and found a 97 2.3 for 100 bucks that I may get for parts and save for a replacement
  3. Rangerblue

What's your mileage on your Ranger, B2, Expo, other Fords...

My 93 4.0 4x4 had 289k when I sold it Sold my 2000 f150 4.6 with 205k My 99 ranger 2.5 only has 143k currently
  4. Rangerblue

1999 ford ranger, the good, bad, and ugly

Haven't had time to do any work on the truck lately but I have been putting a lot of miles on it driving around the last couple weeks Ol girl is running good though
  5. Rangerblue

4.10 .. Only looking at other Rangers as another project, not getting rid of this one, too good of shape for the very little I have in it. I'll run it til it falls apart and then try to put it back together lol
  6. Rangerblue

May look into this, the ol 2.5 is very sluggish when you have the max ac on and trying to go up steep country roads.
  7. Rangerblue

Now that I finally have a ranger again I got the bug back already, would like to have a 93-97 4.0 5 speed 4x4. Actually looked at a 2000 with a cracked block last week but the body and frame was too far gone to fool with
  8. Rangerblue

Nothing wrong this engine or trans but I have considered just scrapping them and doing a 2.9 and a4ld swap :sick:
  9. Rangerblue

Got most of those little issues mopped up, changed oil and flushed radiator , trans is next , needs done anyway has a very slight leak on the pan gasket . I will be using that fluid film on the truck before winter. I'm gonna hit the little spots with slight surface rust on the body (especially...
  10. Rangerblue

Doors and body mounts are good , a little rust around the rear ones but not bad Tailgate is rotting not horrible but I'm not too worried about getting another from a parts truck or even swapping this bed sometime This engine runs so good It's crazy for the age , idles like a brand new...
  11. Rangerblue

This cracked me up. We could easily turn this into a thread full of awesome cars like this one!

That paint is rad , I'm gonna do my ranger like that !! Kidding
  12. Rangerblue

My newest truck is the 99 with the 2.5 and auto trans rwd of course. Been looking for a ranger to tinker on, always loved these trucks. Already in love with this one. Not my daily driver so I have time to fool with it The good: No major issues found with engine or trans yet Most things seem...
  13. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

Well the sender on the 2.5 is not on the engine block like the 2.3, it's actually right next to the coolant sensor on the thermostat housing, this is is my first 2.5 so I didn't know , Haynes says it's on the block as well. Gauge is good when testing the wire by grounding it, cleaned the...
  14. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

I'll try to wiggle that in a few minutes, fuel gauge works fine , when cold starting first thing in the morning the temp gauge reads slightly above half so I'm leaning toward the sender
  15. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

I appreciate the advice keep it coming and thank you for your service, my dad retired as a first sergeant in the us army with 29 years of service, I definitely appreciate all you folks do. This truck is not a daily driver just my spare hunting/fishing truck so I can tinker at leisure, I'm...
  16. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

Yea only thing I can think of for the pump is the typical whine or fluid leakage from the weep hole but I am not experiencing those issues. When I got home the temp gauge was at 7/8 , I popped the hood and there wasn't any bubbling in the overflow resivour It just doesn't seem that hot but I...
  17. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

Radiator cap is on on the far passenger side on mine , are there any checks I can do to ensure the water pump is working right? I just ran into town and got on it pretty good, didn't seem to effect the temp gauge at all regardless of what I did , it still fluctuated randomly though as I...
  18. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

Fan should have resistance from the clutch when the engine is warm, it does not , that may be an issue but I'm not as familiar with how that works as yall , like I said it was running all the time while idling
  19. Rangerblue

2.5 coolant system issue

I have a 1999 2.5 Engine temp gauge is fluctuating between normal (half ) and 3/4 to 7/8 toward hot , doesn't make a difference if at a stop or under load just randomly fluctuates when driving. Fan is spinning "freely" by hand when cold and hot , just had it idling in my driveway up to 3/4 on...
  20. Rangerblue

2.0/2.3/2.5L Family

Excellent information, I've seen concerns about working on ignition systems with PATS and would like to say the 1999 trucks with the 2.5 DO NOT have this system although the the 6 cylinder trucks do of the same year

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad