• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SteveinAlaska

3.0 cold weather starting (in Alaska)

Hello to all after an extended absence. Surviving Covid & whatever else is out there. Anyway, finished out 2019 and went into 2020 expecting to spend some money on my workhorse, everyday driver. Covid hit & the truck sat for almost 4 months. Did not get out to drive it until warm weather (mid...
  2. SteveinAlaska

1992 3.0 cold start issues (in Alaska)

WHOOPS!! That's what happens when it's late at night and you post in the wrong thread. Will move to the 3.0 thread now:eek:
  3. SteveinAlaska

1992 3.0 cold start issues (in Alaska)

Hello to all after an extended absence. Surviving Covid & whatever else is out there. Anyway, finished out 2019 and went into 2020 expecting to spend some money on my workhorse, everyday driver. Covid hit & the truck sat for almost 4 months. Did not get out to drive it until warm weather (mid...
  4. SteveinAlaska

A4LD cold weather problems - at -37F in Alaska

Now that I have your attention - 1992 Ranger XLT with 3.0 V-6 2 wheel drive with automatic and with 103,000 miles. I have discovered after warming the truck and backing out of my parking space, I go from reverse to drive........I have NO drive! At this point I will rock my truck back and forth...
  5. SteveinAlaska

Old mechanic wants to know - What constitutes a tune up these days?

Wow! Surprised by the quick responses so soon. Well, in my circle of friends are a couple of young mechanics that are also in the local antique auto clubs. They also have tech school training just like I had before actually getting there hands dirty with the real world experiences. Thru all...
  6. SteveinAlaska

Old mechanic wants to know - What constitutes a tune up these days?

Started my 20 year mechanic career in 1970 in & around Chicago. Got ASE Certified about 1973-4 as I remember. Worked on automobiles until around 1980 then spent the rest of my time on lawn equipment, small farm tractors and motorcycles. So now at 70 yrs old, what should I ask for or expect for...
  7. 003.JPG August 25,2019 zero miles!

003.JPG August 25,2019 zero miles!

Road trip from Fairbanks Alaska to Anchorage when my odometer went all zeros!
  8. 001.JPG 1992 Ranger XLT in Alaska

001.JPG 1992 Ranger XLT in Alaska

Summer trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage when the odometer went to all zeros making it a brand new Ranger. I am about 91 miles north of Anchorage on the Parks Highway . Zero'd out my trip meter when I left Fairbanks so it shows about 265 miles from start of the trip.
  9. SteveinAlaska

Image of my 92 XLT

Going to try to download image of my pride and joy taken last August on the Parks Highway when the odometer turned to all zeros!
  10. SteveinAlaska

Hello from the Great White North in my 1992 Ranger XLT extended cab.

Bought it just over a year ago and it survived a Fairbanks Alaska winter. So going into the second year with ideas of restore, repair & upgrades whilst I use it as my daily driver. Found what appears to be a well maintained 2wd that has cruise, factory air and the original AM-FM with cassette...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad