• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. themoneypit

AC compressor wiring question

I'll have to cover the cost of the refrigerant, but the shop is going to cover the second evac and recharge. Fair enough outcome as far as I'm concerned.
  2. themoneypit

Turned out to be exactly as I feared. Found a pretty blatant leak in the AC condenser. Green refrigerant oil absolutely everywhere. Replaced the condenser this evening, and I guess I get to yell at the shop tomorrow. I'm willing to pay for the refrigerant for recharge 2.0, but I'm sure not...
  3. themoneypit

Yeah, I'm betting on occam's razor here. The simplest and most likely scenario is just low refrigerant. AC compressor wiring is pretty darn simple, and all of the components worked flawlessly in the vehicles they came from. Not gonna be too hard on the shop I guess. They seemed pretty scared...
  4. themoneypit

On 2nd thought, it could just be the usual low line pressure causing AC compressor cycling. I wrote that off initially since I had just paid a shop to recharge the system, but who knows. Worth checking after work I suppose. If it turns out to be that, then I guess I'll snag a can of off the...
  5. themoneypit

I have what used to be a 1998 4 cylinder Ranger. Early in 2018, I finished swapping in a 5.0/trans from a 1997 non-PATS 2wd Explorer. The swap was very straightforward, and all things were working like factory at the time APART from the AC. I left that for later. In the past week, I reinstalled...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad