• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3l Swap Into a Willys Radiator Size

Man thank you! I have been wracking my brain looking for information and asking other guys that didn't have any experience with the 2.3l. Thats a huge help, I really appreciate it!
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3l Swap Into a Willys Radiator Size

So I'm swapping a 2.3l into a 1951 Willys CJ3a, and if you've ever seen under the hood of one you know that space is a major issue. I'm wondering what the minimum size radiator core I could run and still keep the engine cool is. I found a radiator for a honda civic that is 13.58x13.58 but I'm...
  3. The CarbuRanger build thread ('94 2.3L Carb Conversion)

I was able to find a .98 Venturi 2100 for cheap. Paid $125 rebuilt to my door. I'm excited about the build. I'm working in CA this week and can't wait to get back home to TX and get my hands on the motor again. I realize there are a few things I did wrong and I'll get them straightened out...
  4. The CarbuRanger build thread ('94 2.3L Carb Conversion)

I’m doing the same thing you are. 85 ranger 2.3, kept the lower intake and adapted to a motor craft 2100. I did some calculations on what the appropriate cfm for a carb on that motor and it was something to the tube of 190cfm. Found a chart on 2100 Venturi sizes and the .98 was the right one...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Need help with 2.3L ignition

You'll need to get an older head, I have an 85 head I'm using, or you'll need to custom build an intake for that later model head.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Need help with 2.3L ignition

I'm doing the same thing with a 49 Willys, dropping an 85 ranger 2.3l in it. Did anyone ever come up with a specific parts list for this? I'm needing help too.
  7. 1985 2.3L EFI Delete Mechanical Fuel Pump

Thanks for your help!
  8. Which Cylinder Head To Use

Yeah I figured I would need to plug all the same things. What about the radiator fluid port on the flange...I know some guys block that off, did you? Not sure if the air being a little warm is bad, maybe its good if you live in a real cold climate?
  9. Which Cylinder Head To Use

What adapter are you planning on using on the efi lower? I havent been able to find one for the motorcraft 2100.
  10. 1985 2.3L EFI Delete Mechanical Fuel Pump

94 ranger 2.3 fuel pump worked!
  11. 1985 2.3L EFI Delete Mechanical Fuel Pump

What year was the 2.0 you robbed that fuel pump from? I'll give that a shot.
  12. 1985 2.3L EFI Delete Mechanical Fuel Pump

Definitely has the lobe, but I'm thinking electric might be my best option. I'm wasting a lot of time and energy on finding the right mechanical fuel pump.
  13. 1984 2.3l Alternator Bracket Photo

Thank you Daniel...again!
  14. 1985 2.3L EFI Delete Mechanical Fuel Pump

I've been working on a 49 Willys that I'm swapping an 85 2.3L into. With the EFI delete comes the need for a new fuel pump. I've tried a couple of different mechanical fuel pumps from different year Rangers and Mustangs none seem to work with the lobe on the 1985 auxiliary shaft. It looks...
  15. Which Cylinder Head To Use

Yeah I've about decided to keep the 85 head. It is a d-port. I was thinking about just adapting the lower efi intake to begin with...just because I have it. And then maybe going to the Cobra or the esslinger when I have a little more funds to drop. Thanks for the input Daniel! I've made...
  16. 1984 2.3l Alternator Bracket Photo

Can someone please provide me a good photo of the front of an 84 2.3l motor? I'm rebuilding a 1985 2.3l, but I'm deleting the fuel injection, AC and Power steering. Trying to figure out how the 84 alternator mounted up. Thanks in advance!
  17. Which Cylinder Head To Use

I'm going to stick with the distributor and the carburetor. I'm using the Autolite 2100 carb which has some solid offroad modifications. If I built a custom intake I could still mount the 96 head on the 85 motor, correct? the 96 seems like a more efficient head with the roller design on the...
  18. Fel Pro full engine gasket set.

Not sure what motor you have but Rock Auto has basically everything. Here's a link to a full engine gasket rebuild kit for the 2.3l, https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1994,ranger,2.3l+l4,1137967,engine,engine+kit+gasket+set,10392 And you can't beat the prices.
  19. Which Cylinder Head To Use

I am building a 2.3l motor for my 1949 Willys CJ3-A and have two different heads for the motor. One came off of a 1985 Ranger and the other off of a 1996 Ranger. Is one capable of producing more low end power than the other? The block is an 85 Ranger 2.3l. I'm a total newbie at motor work...
  20. Is this a balance weight?

Thanks for sharing that. It atleast gives me a little peace of mind.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad