• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Broken flywheel teeth and pinging

Timeline of what happened: - Bought 1991 Ford Explorer 4.0 ohv / 5spd in January 2021 in good condition. - Starter gives out a couple months later, seemingly just due to age. Replaced it with a napa reman. All is fine for a few months. - Engine starts having a pinging issue under load...
  2. 99 Explorer loses all gears when hot

Figured I’d ask here as well since explorers are so similar to rangers. I have a 99 Explorer Sport with 4.0L, 150k and 5R55-something auto trans. Drives fine for about a mile, then loses all gears until it cools off for a while. Not to keen on replacing the entire transmission if I don’t have...
  3. Cracked head?

Head gasket appears to be blown, causing 30psi compression on 3 of 4 cyls. Saw this same mark next to 2 different bolts while cleaning the head. Do I have a cracked head as well? Photo of the head gasket:
  4. 1992 2.3l, 30psi dry/40psi wet compression? (updated info)

Update regarding a previous post: Bought a 2.3l ranger for dirt cheap and found 30psi compression on Cylinder 1, 2 and 3. Cylinder 4 has 170psi dry. Compression rises 10 psi on all cylinders when oil is added (wet test). Seller states he was driving it up a hill on a "hot day" and the engine...
  5. 1992 2.3l Ranger, 30psi compression on 3/4 cylinders

First post! Bought a 92 Ranger Custom for $150 on craigslist with the 2.3l engine and auto trans. Seller claims "it made a noise and quit running while driving up a hill on a hot day, I replaced the timing belt" Not sure why he replaced the timing belt, so I'm assuming it was broken. Timing belt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad