• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Grumpaw

Change filter and fluid opinions.

My 2009 had only 23,000 on it when I got it about 2 years ago, and now has 28,000. When I got it, it had all the original fluids in it, except for oil/filter, and had sat with only occasional runs for almost 4 years. I had a coolant flush, new hoses, brake fluid flush due to age, not mileage. I...
  2. Grumpaw

Wanted Sway Bar and Hardware

Looking for a Ranger rear sway bar and the hardware/brackets for my 2009 Ranger. It's an XL with a 7.5 axle (don't know if axle brackets for the 7.5 and 8.8 are different). Looking for the 5/8 or 3/4 inch bar. Bushings are not important as I can replace those. Any of you that are parting out...
  3. Grumpaw

It's Baaack !!!

For all you affectionadoes of great food, for all you lovers of fine cuisine, for all you followers of tasty take out, you'll be overjoyed to know that Wednesday, yes, 3 days from now, your dreams will come true... That great slab of ground up pig parts, pig guts, lip's n tits, is back.... YES...
  4. Grumpaw

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day... To all who have served, thankyou for your service, your dedication, and your sacrifices. But let us never forget those who came before us, who fought for a free country, and that fought for the freedom that other countries around the world, now enjoy. And let us never...
  5. Grumpaw

2.3L ('02-'11) Factory Electric Fan ???

Ref a 2009 Ranger with 2.3 and auto trans, with ac..... Was detailing engine yesterday and noticed an electric fan assembly attached to radiator. Never noticed it before, and was unaware of it. Can find no reference to the electric fan itself. Only reference is owners manual lists an engine...
  6. Grumpaw

2009 Auto Trans Return Line Question

Have a transmission cooler being delivered today. I just need to know which line from radiator is the return line back to the trans. 99,9% that it's the lower line, but just want to be 100% sure. 2009 with 4 cyl and 5R auto trans.
  7. Grumpaw

5 Star Tuning

Inquiring if any of you with 2001-2011 Rangers have used the tuner/reprograming system from 5 Star Tuning or something similar. Its a regular tuner that reprograms the ecu to any of 5 loaded performance tunes. Have used it on a Mustang GT and current V-10 engine in our motor home. It's...
  8. Grumpaw

Cold Air Intake System Really Not Needed

I recently installed a Scan Gauge ll in the Ranger to keep track of it's systems. 2009 Ranger XL, 4 cyl, auto trans. Stock engine/air filter/intake One of the parameters can be set for Intake Air Temperature. Took a drive just now to dinner and back, about 16 miles, running at 45 mph, ac on...
  9. Grumpaw

Wanted Rear Axle Cover, 7.5, With Drain and Fill Plug

Not in any rush, but would like to buy a rear axle cover for a standard 2009 Ranger 7.5 / 10 bolt cover WITH a drain and fill plug. Planning ahead for winter projects. Dosen't have to be one of the super duper covers, just a nice clean one. Probably would be aluminum as I haven't seen any...
  10. Grumpaw

Vintage Truck Magazine article on 83 Ranger

I get Vintage Truck Magazine, a bi-monthly that is dedicated to older (30 year old and older) trucks. They don't get into small pick ups unless its something worthy. This month...July-August has a nice article on a 1983 Ranger 4x4. Haven't received my issue yet but they e-mail me what is in...
  11. Grumpaw

Up Coming Article On Rangers in Vintage Truck Magazine

There is a magazine called Vintage Truck that deals with trucks, 80's and earlier, back to the 1900's. I subscribe, but haven't seen any articles on "small trucks". I messaged the editor about doing some articles on small trucks fro the late 60's, 70's and 80's as they now fit into the years...
  12. Grumpaw

KYB Shocks ?

Going to replace the shocks on my 2009 2 wd Ranger XL. I realize Bilsteins are the perferred and have em on our motor home. But the Ranger is just my "hobby" cruiser rig, and I'm considering the KYB Excel-G. Their 1/3 the price of the Bilstein's and have good reviews. Any of you ever...
  13. Grumpaw

Wanted Looking For 7.5 inch Rear Axle Cover With Fill and Drain Plugs.

For my 2009 Ranger with 7.5 rear axle... Looking for an aftermarket cover with a fill and drain plug. Plenty of aftermarket covers out there, but trying to avoid high cost. Dosen't matter material, aluminum or steel. If any of you have done a swap and have one around, let me know. Grumpaw
  14. Grumpaw

OE Window Stickers

Just throwing this out for general info... If your a paper trail nut about your truck, or just want one, you can get a copy of the OE window sticker from a web site, Monroney Labels. Enter your veh info, and vin # and they provide a printable copy of the original window sticker for that veh. Did...
  15. Grumpaw

1/3 of a 12 cyl. Engine

Been watching the latest Mecum Auction, and came to the realization that us Ranger owners with 4 cyl engines, do not really have a 4 cyl engine. Rather it's 1/3 of a 12 cyl engine, including about 1/4 of it's 600 hp ratings (using a 12 cyl Ferrari as a base example) We can call it the 1/3 X...
  16. Grumpaw

Two Tone Paint/Vinyl Insert

Throwing this out for opinions... Want to add an insert similar to the two tone paint schemes on the 70's Ford trucks. This is just a rough idea of what I want. Just took a pic of my Ranger and colored in an idea of what I want. Paint would run about $2500 for custom job. But I found a local...
  17. Grumpaw

Happy New Year

I want to wish everyone a happy, safe, and prosperous new year. May all your travels be completed, your hopes fulfilled, and your wishes be met. :icon_cheers: Grumpaw
  18. Grumpaw

Ford Explorer Consoles

I'm going to start gathering parts (seats and center console) for a swap into my 2009 Ranger standard cab. I'm in no rush, so I want to get the best parts I can find. As far as the console, from what I've read here, I should be looking at one from a 1995 thru 2001. But, does it matter whether...
  19. Grumpaw

Fuel Tanks

Just for info. Going thru an issue of Classic Truck Magazine I ran across an add from TanksInc. They make fuel tanks for vintage trucks, but also carry a line of universal tanks, all shapes/sizes. Thinking they may have one that might be adaptable to a Ranger for anyone looking for a tank. Grumpaw
  20. Grumpaw

Fumoto Drain Valve

Have an oil change coming up and I,m ordering a Fumoto Drain Valve (have them on all my other vehicles) But, Fumoto lists 2 possible sizes for my 2009 Ranger with the 2.3, and it might be either one. A 14mm x 1.5 thread and A 12 mm x 1.75 thread. Can't measure mine unless I pull it and drain...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad