• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SmokeyBroncoII

Turn key to start position and nothing

Changed out the tps with with one that i had on my work table and done a koeo self test and code 23 went away. testing tps voltages with an analog volt/ ohm meter is hard to see exact voltages but the new one seems to be in spec.
  2. SmokeyBroncoII

sorry for such a late update been working more so i can buy parts. I got it to crank up and idle fine but it has 0 throttle response so i done the self test and got codes 67(nss/clutch interlock switch is bypassed) 95 (i have the fuel pumps wired in seperate) and code 23 for tps out of self...
  3. SmokeyBroncoII

No power/ throttle response under load

Can't figure out how to do that. In the Haynes manual It shows how to set the self test up but when I set it up how the picture is i don't get anything
  4. SmokeyBroncoII

No power/ throttle response under load

Alrighty folks went for a test drive and it (86 Broncos II 2.9L 4X4) seems to have no throttle response/power when put under a load all it wants to do is spit and sputter it also spits and sputters some in neutral when i try to rev it up. It has new rotor and dist. Cap new plugs(plugs are gapped...
  5. SmokeyBroncoII

Spout connector is firmly plugged in. I can sit there once i start it and tap the gas pedal for what seems like a million times and finally get it to rev up but only goes to 5000 rpm and sounds like i have 2 step on my b2 for drag racing (it would be hard to race a brick on wheels) Thanks for...
  6. SmokeyBroncoII

So if the rd/lt blue from the to module doesn't have power will that cause it to idle rough and have no throttle response
  7. SmokeyBroncoII

If I jump the starter solenoid it will fire up I have a wire run from the neutral/clutch interlock switch to the post on the starter solenoid and it works now just don't like the extra wires
  8. SmokeyBroncoII

Brand new ignition switch. I have power from the clutch interlock switch to the grey plug the red/lt blue wire that goes to starter solenoid but no power out of the red / lt blue wire at the solenoid
  9. SmokeyBroncoII

When i turn the key to the start position nothing happens. I have replaced starter, starter solenoid and jumped the clutch safety switch. If i jump starter solenoid it starts up and runs fine. I do have a Haynes manual but i can't find anything on a starter wire diagram.
  10. SmokeyBroncoII

86 bronco II 2.9lv6 no start

Ok another update timing was 180 out it runs now when I jump the starter solenoid. I went an got a new key switch and when I go to use the key to crank it nothing. I can hear the relays click but nothing at the starter. When I press the clutch in the 4hi and 4lo lights come on and I and now why...
  11. SmokeyBroncoII

Sorry to be a pain but does anyone happen to know the correct firing order for the 2.9. everywhere I look is telling me something different. TIA
  12. SmokeyBroncoII

Ok thanks I'll do that in the morning and post back with results
  13. SmokeyBroncoII

Ok just a little update. I rechecked and cleaned all grounds with a wire wheel on my grinder. I went and got a new computer control relay and the green relay (can't remember what it goes to) and now all it does is backfire like a mad man I did have a few plug wires on the wrong plugs so I looked...
  14. SmokeyBroncoII

Ok I have went junkyardin picked up a running 2.9 and the ecm out of the ranger swapped everything over and I still have a no start situation. I have spark but I am still not getting power to the injectors. Could it be a bad ground that's what I think it is, anyways thanks for the help so far.
  15. SmokeyBroncoII

Do you think it could be a ground some where that's what it seems like it is to me
  16. SmokeyBroncoII

There is no ranger or bronco 2 with a 2.9 in a junkyard within 75 miles of me so Craigslist it is
  17. SmokeyBroncoII

Thank you i was reading something about that last night
  18. SmokeyBroncoII

The capacitor was rusted so bad that when I picked the computer up to get better light I fell out so I know it just has to be bad now
  19. SmokeyBroncoII

There is rust on the outside of the exam and rust on one of the capacitors on the inside guess the ecm is bad
  20. SmokeyBroncoII

Grounds are hooked up so I guess that means ecm is bad anyways I'm headed out to my shop to pull it I'll take pics and post them cause I'll have no idea what I'm looking at

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad