• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cyb3rst0rm

Transmission crossmember sitting at an angle

Its like this on both sides. What do I need to do here? This is my only vehicle (currently saving to get a different ranger, but it seems like the prices have spiked here. Not paying $4500 for a 2002 3.0 Standard cab). Do I just put my jack under it, level it out and install new bolts on the...
  2. Cyb3rst0rm

95 intermittent starting issue. Fiddling with the shifter (auto) fixes it. Bad park sensor?

My truck has a bad transmission range sensor and its always running with the O/D light flashing, otherwise it falls in and out of gear constantly. But i've had it for almost a year and it just started doing this a couple months ago and I believe the park safety is a seperate switch from this...
  3. Cyb3rst0rm

Headlights failed after driving through snowstorm, I still have gauge lights, park lights, signals, and can flash (by pulling back the bar) high beam

So to preface my truck is a 1995 Extended Cab 2WD 4.0, no DRL Module (that I can find). I'm posting here not only to get help, but also so if someone else needs this info later is easily available to them as this could have caused major problems for me if it had happened at a different time...
  4. Cyb3rst0rm

95 4.0 OHV intermittenly running like absolute garbage at slow speeds idle, running fine the other 70 percent of the time.

* Truck Details: 1995 Extended Cab 2WD 4.0 OHV (Engine swapped before I bought it, Explorer sourced based on the air filter type). Running 10-W40 oil for the last 6 months, runs poorly and loses power with lighter weights. So this all started about 2 weeks ago after I noticed my coolant...
  5. Cyb3rst0rm

Rear brakeline nightmare on a 1995 Extended Cab 2WD. In a serious bind. Any help is appreciated.

So all of 4 days before I'm supposed to be moving, my rear brakeline on my 1995 4.0 Extended Cab 2WD has failed at this (very rusty) junction on the metal line side. Since I'm nearly broke from moving expenses I need to get this truck up and running as cheaply as possible so I've decided to...
  6. Cyb3rst0rm

Brake lights aren't working, checked normal culprits. Need truck for work. Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

My Ranger is a 1995 Extended Cab with the 4.0 and an Automatic. I recently noticed that my brake lights aren't working. I checked the brake pedal switch and found that the Green/red strip wire was broken. I went down the scrap yard and pulled another electrical connector off another truck and...
  7. Cyb3rst0rm

Where to get a 4R55E Intermediate servo bore kit and the intermediate servo?

My 1995 Ranger 4.0 has been having issues going from 2nd to 3rd (around 45MPH on a level acceleration curb). Sometimes it'll do it and be fine until I stop and then crap out on me (and go into limp home mode with the O/D Light flashing and limited gear ratios after bucking against the rev...
  8. Cyb3rst0rm

4R55E is acting like it's trying to quit. Can't get a logical reading on the dipstick, leaking tranny fluid, O/D light flashing, and transmission slip

My truck is a 95 with a 4.0 OHV and a 4R55E with 259.8k on the clock. I'm not sure if the trans is original, but I have no reason to suspect otherwise. So far my symptoms are as follows: * Can't get an logical read from the dipstick (It constantly reads approx. double where the full line is on...
  9. Cyb3rst0rm

95 4.0 OHV burning oil. Also leaking oil. Probable causes? (that aren't the heads/gaskets)

I bought a 1995 Ranger with 259k miles on it and a 4.0 with the 4 speed/OD automatic. It's running pretty good power wise as far as I can tell but it's burning oil as well as leaking it. Paid $700 for the truck. I was told the truck had sat for 6 months so let's take that into consideration...
  10. Cyb3rst0rm

Possible to adapt the passenger side headlight assembly from a 98 Ranger to a 95 Ranger?

So basically I totaled my 98 and bought a 95 from the local scrapyard (they get driveable vehicles once in a while). My 98 was a Standard Cab XLT Flairside and the impact completely destroyed the cooling system and the drive side lights, but left the passenger side intact (it also bent the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad