• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ExploreNW

Canadian Truck imports?

One of the perks of living so close to Canada is access to a different domestic market. While shopping for a new F150/250 I discovered a few companies that specialize in selling Canadian trucks to Americans. They claim it is a single form at the border and that's it, you're driving your maple...
  2. ExploreNW

Aluminum fuel tanks?

First off. I know these are a very bad idea in some cases. Let me explain- The state next door has $2.40 gas. For refs that's $.30 cheaper than what I get here. 15 miles on the freeway to the cheapest truck stop just across the state line. Also, WA is talking about changing their fuel tax and...
  3. ExploreNW

Demand for aftermarket feedback carburetor "PCM"?

I was walking through the junkyard last weekend and noticed there are plenty of clean RBVs with feedback carbs. Clean as in no accidents, visually nothing wrong with these trucks at all. Got me thinking... I bet you the feedback carb system got them a spot in the scrapyard. These early systems...
  4. ExploreNW

Let's build a boat...

Crack a cold one, guys. Never thought I'd say it but I'm officially out of stupid redneck things to burn large amounts of my income on and I'm desperately in need of something new... .... so I looked in my backyard. I have a boat! A 27-foot 1978 Sea Ray Weekender. Heavy old S.O.B. with a hull...
  5. ExploreNW

'06 F250 "TBC Fault" no start/stumble issue

Good morning all! I got my F250 5.4L back just a week ago from getting its 4th fuel pump & 3rd FPDM. I couldn't get it started yesterday, and today when I went to go fawk with it (basically hammer the key & have someone spray starting juice 'til it at least stumbles) it stumbled to life after 30...
  6. ExploreNW

Think I smoked my M50D!?

Well, it finally happened, the shade tree mechanic in me did something improperly better than the engineers again :stirthepot: This time it's transmission related. Last Spring when I got the truck I found a lift & sent 'er up for a peek at what's underneath. Looking into the rubber access...
  7. ExploreNW

Motorcraft 2150A "feedback" carb?

Does anyone have one of these 2150A carbs on their trucks with the feedback equipment removed? Google seems eager to omit the "A" and show me 2150 info only; I can't seem to find anything on these carbs other than rebuild guides. I have an E47E- -VA off of a Bronco II that will be going on my...
  8. ExploreNW

The CarbuRanger build thread ('94 2.3L Carb Conversion)

It's official! I'm sick of chasing problems and throwing parts at this thing. My fuel pump finally went out last week and it's a perfect time to build what I've always wanted: a reliable, mechanically controlled truck. Why? I know you guys hate carbs. I live in the middle of nowhere, I know...
  9. ExploreNW

New 4x4 Ranger, good parts, which truck is the donor? 4x4 swap?

Hey guys! Yesterday evening I picked up a red 4x4 2.3L 1995 Ranger for free 99. A lot of the stuff on this truck is good but it won't get in gear, leaks exhaust, and the interior is garbage after sitting under a tree for a few years with cracked windows. It has the good alloy 15" rims that I...
  10. ExploreNW

Foot on the floor to keep up @ 55 MPH, poor mileage

Hey! My new '94 Ranger came with "some love required" and she's running a bit slow. I'm no stranger to the under-100hp club where half of my junk has started its life. I've driven two other 2.3s, one '80s and one in a '01 Mazda truck and they weren't anywhere near as gutless as this old girl is...
  11. ExploreNW

Just bought my first Ranger!

Hey Y'all! After wanting a 4-cyl mini-truck for years I finally picked up my first Ranger! She's a bone stock burgundy '94 with a 2.3, 2WD, stick shift. 183k miles on the clock so she needs a little love. I averaged 20.77 MPG on my first two fill ups. My plans for this build so far include a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad