• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wireman20

Rear Pinion Seal Replacement

I have a 2003 FX4, Level II. The rear pinion seal is leaking. I have the seal but before I replace the leaker I would like to know what Ford wants the "Used Bearing" preload to be. Thanks, Richard.
  2. Wireman20

2000 Pulse Hub into a 2003 Non Pulse Hub steering knuckle.

I just replaced a 1999 4x4 Ranger with a 2003 4x4 Ranger. I want to install manual hubs on the 2003. (I know all about the weaknesses of this hub design) Is the steering knuckle for the 1999 4x4 and the 2003 4X4 the same unit so that a 2003 knuckle will accept a 1999 wheel bearing assembly? I am...
  3. Wireman20

4.0 SOHC into a 1999 Ranger, Stick

I have a motor in great condition that is going to replace a 3.0. in my 1999. I do not have the computer from the 2003 the motor came out of.(Sold already) Is there any help to be had here on how I can go about getting the right computer, or a reprogram. Has anyone here gone through this yet...
  4. Wireman20

3.0l to 4.0 SOHC Swap

I am putting a 04 Explorer Flex Fuel 4.0 SOHC motor with 16K miles on it, into my '99 3.0l truck. I started out with a 4.0 SOHC Non EGR out of a 03 Ranger, but the block turned out to be un-rebuildable. (I already had the heads rebuilt when I found out about the block.) Nothing from the...
  5. Wireman20

Electric to Manual Question

I have a spare 1354 Manual Transfer Case that I am going to put in my 1999 Ranger. The output to the front diff on the older manual case is a double Cardan Joint, and the 1999 front drive shaft uses the Constant Velocity joint at the transfer case. Are these Transfer case yokes interchangeable...
  6. Wireman20

Sorta New

I have been a member for years but forgot my password. Finally got that straightened out, Whew.
  7. Wireman20

3.0 plus turbo- Info Wanted

I am a new member here and have read a lot of great posts here. I have a 1999 Ranger 4x4 with the 3.0. I am going to turbo this engine lightly, 5-7 lbs. I have seen some unbelievably cheep turbos out there and am asking what brands are trustworthy and what to stay away from. Also if you guys...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad