• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Ok thanks I will look over it.
  2. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

I think my speedometer is right. I checked it with a app on my phone. I can go 55 at just rarely under 2000 rpm. What all is included in a tune up? Plugs, wires?
  3. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Never lol. Will probably get plugs and wires soon.
  4. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Oh yeah did not mention that Ihave no engine codes
  5. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Oh thanks will have to check to morrow. And It also lurges at low rpms. Like 1000 rpms or a little faster. Like in 3rd gear .
  6. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Sorry dont know what this means. And Yes 4.0 OHV and 5 speed manual.
  7. 91 blue ranger

Gas Mileage

Hey everyone I was just wondering what gas mileage you guys are getting. I am getting 14.5 mpg and I have 31 inch tires, 4.0 engine, 2 inch lift kit, and 3.73 rear gears. What can I do to improve my gas mileage? Thanks
  8. 91 blue ranger

4.0 OHV oil leak.

I just took out all the manifold bolts and pulled the hole manifold away from the filter bolt. It is still a little moist in that area but it might be coming from something higher up. Because something is leaking up there. I think it is coming from the intake gaskets. Hope this helps.
  9. 91 blue ranger

driving in 4 low with hubs disengaged

I have 3.73s and 31 inch tires. And I can go about 23 mph in 5th gear @ 2,000 rpms.
  10. 91 blue ranger

Ok thanks. So just for slow moving like backing up and little stuff like that.
  11. 91 blue ranger

What do you mean it is not ment to tow anything?
  12. 91 blue ranger

Oh just wondering how fast you can drive like this? 30 mph?
  13. 91 blue ranger

Ok thanks for the quick responses. I just wanted to make sure I would not damage anything.
  14. 91 blue ranger

Can I drive my 1991 ford ranger with a manual transmission and manual locking hubs in four wheel drive low and the hubs in the free position. I am wondering because if I can I could back up heavy loads a little easier. And if i can't do this why not. Thanks for any input..
  15. 91 blue ranger

1991 Ford Ranger High Idle

Ok so it has been a while but I found part of the problem. The wires going to the VSS had rubbed together. So I taped the wires up and it helped. Now depending on the weather sometimes it idles differently. Like on humid days it idles faster. But sometimes when I let off on my gas the engine has...
  16. 91 blue ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Hauled a load of hay out of the field with my ranger. Mine is the blue ranger my dads is the white one. I have that spare wheel on my truck because I am cleaning my other wheel.
  17. 91 blue ranger

Sorry don't know what it is. I never saw that wire on my truck. Could it be for an EGR valve of something.
  18. 91 blue ranger

Yes I removed the cable. But I do not think it is binding. Never checked.:rolleyes:
  19. 91 blue ranger

I got it a lot better than what it was. Did you change your IAC with a offbrand IAC? That was some of my problem. My truck still idles at 900 rpms when I unplug the IAC. But it is a lot better than when I started. I also put a different throttle body on that I got from a junk yard. That helped...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad