• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. iPandaBar

2.3L ('83-'97) New engine is in, no start ?

1993 Replaced the engine, hooked everything back up, now it won't start. Engine cranks and tried to start once. There is some kind of issue in the wiring I think but I am unsure on how to proceed. Injectors would not fire despite fuel to the fuel rail so I called it a night. The next day I...
  2. iPandaBar

2.3L ('83-'97) Slight or major issue?

1993 2.3l 4x4 splash So I just (finally) got the new engine reinstalled into the truck. Bolted down all the brackets, all the accessories and then...... I look on my workbench and see the timing belt washer ???. This is not the washer that holds the balancer/pulley hub onto the crankchaft, it...
  3. iPandaBar

RABS to proportioning valve.

Hello all, I've got an old (unopened) proportioning valve and I'm thinking of using that in place of my RABS. Yes I know the dangers of driving without abs, but honestly, IMO RABS is just as bad as no ABS. Pump, pump, pump.... If I leave the old RABS in place and leave the connector hooked up...
  4. iPandaBar

Tuner question

I'm looking at building an offroad ranger. Since it will be an offroad vehicle I plan to delete all the emissions. No, I dont want to here your attempts to talk me out of it or how dumb I am for deleting emissions. Yes, I would like to here your opinions on getting a jet stage one performance...
  5. iPandaBar

2.3L ('83-'97) Basic thermostat question

I bought a new thermostat and a new thermostat housing. First time I've had both new in my hands so I placed the thermostat inside it's housing and blew through it... Yes I'm sure the thermostat was in correctly. Air passed straight around the thermostat. Then I blew directly through the...
  6. iPandaBar

HELP! Hot rotors/hubs!

I have a 1993 Ranger with manual hubs. I replaced both front calipers, brake hoses, and rotors and repacked the bearings. I have tightened the locking nuts down to spec using the steps in the service manual. I also greased the caliper slides and pins. What the heck am I missing?!?!?!?!
  7. iPandaBar

Newbie questions

Hey y'all, Just bought a 1993 2.3L 4x4. It runs but has some engine issues. My plan is to drive it until it dies and then rebuild the engine. I have never rebuilt an engine before so I would like to get a 2nd engine for the truck. My inner debate is this... Do I buy a rebuilt motor and throw it...
  8. iPandaBar

Hello all, Just bought 1993 2.3L 4x4. Body is in good shape but the engine is rough. I bought this truck as a learning experience, I am by no means a mechanic. I hope to turn it into a daily driver capable of crawling through Florida's sugar sand trails.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad