• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984 2.8 head/gasket cooling mod...

Just finished drilling all four holes in the heads. Super easy. The hardest part, which is probably not 0.0001" critical, was positioning the center punch. The passage on the exhaust side of the head, there's no question when you're through. Have to be a little more judicious on the intake side...
  2. 1984 2.8 head/gasket cooling mod...

I'm going to get into your build thread as I get some time off this month. It's the same thing, though, with my wife and me and our Fiero's - everybody has a story or a million questions. Still, driving them is worth the "forced" interaction. I guess that's the price we have to pay for owning...
  3. 1984 2.8 head/gasket cooling mod...

Thanks, Angie. Seems like there's lots of good project info in that book! Wish I had seen this way before I was ready to throw the heads back on! The 5/16" figure was just what I wanted to know. So, tell me, the Pinto with the v6 - it's a blast to drive, I'd wager...
  4. 1984 2.8 head/gasket cooling mod...

While browsing this forum for improvements to my little 2.8 v6, I stumbled across a tip to improve the cooling that calls for drilling holes in the heads, using the gasket as a guide, between the cylinders where the exhaust valves are neighbors. Since I'm just getting ready to reinstall my heads...
  5. A.I.R. pipe retaining bolt/exhaust manifold question

Got the right side manifold off yesterday, and got some of the threaded bits out. Used the pitch gauge at work to determine the retaining bolt for the A.I.R. pipe/check valve at the manifold is M8x1.25.
  6. A.I.R. pipe retaining bolt/exhaust manifold question

Hello, all. I am getting ready to put my fresh-back-from-the-machine-shop left side head back on the 2.8 in my '84 XLT. In the process, I have successfully removed the rusted-in-place headpipe studs, O2 sensor and broken-off stub of A.I.R. pipe at the back of the exhaust manifold. I've got the...
  7. New to Bronco II, lots of questions

My father-in-law just passed on February 11th this year, and it looks like his old hunting truck will be passed on to me. It's a 1984 Bronco II, 2.8 automatic 4wd, bone stock and pretty straight. My plan is to make it reliable enough to drive daily and capable enough to not be afraid to off-road...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad