• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 2.3 excessive idle speed continues after IAC replaced

Thanks for the tips ! I backed the idle screw off slowly about 2 turns after the truck was warmed up, listening to the rpm level slowly dropping. Checke the tach, backed it off a tad more until it was reading about 850-950 rpm, and erased the codes on my scanner - then drove into town and...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 2.3 excessive idle speed continues after IAC replaced

Thanks - will do tomorrow. I took it for a drive, after clering the code. In about 5 miles check engine light came back on- code 1506. I was paying close attention to the tach, and coming to a stop it would speed up to about 2,000 rpm, then evenly drop back to about 1400.. I may have to use...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 2.3 excessive idle speed continues after IAC replaced

My 5 speed Ranger has been showing intermittent check engine signals - they go away, then return, sometimes after a couple hundred miles, sometimes after just a few miles. I need to pass a smog test to re-regiister, and the light would not go away- the code on my scanner was for excessive idle...
  4. Explorer rear caliper question

I've got a "97 Explorer rear axle that I want to install in my '58 Volvo resto-mod. the calipers will interfere with the coil springs. I'm considering swapping the caliper mounts side to side, which would place the calipers on the front side of the axle, facing the opposite direction from...
  5. Hello

Hello- I'm Doug, from Sparks, NV. ( They say Reno is so close to Hell, you can see Sparks ). Recently purchased a 1997 Ranger 2.3 5 speed 2wd and have posted a request for info on parts interchangeability in the appropriate forum. I'm looking forward to getting this truck back on the road...
  6. Radiator shroud interchange ?

I recently bought a 1997 Ranger ( 2.3, 5 speed ). it has some front end damage, and I'm about to head out to the local Pick'n Pull to get replacement parts. What year radiator fan shrouds will fit my truck ? What year front bumpers will fit ? I found that Rock Auto had the plastic...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad