• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Truck/Axle Ideas for 600 mile Office Trailer Move

I appreciate the words of warning, I plan to completely re-wire the trailer from scratch with a new harness and everything to ensure lights and brakes are working properly. I know a guy who is an experienced heavy duty truck mechanic I'm going to see if he'll go through the axles with me and we...
  2. Truck/Axle Ideas for 600 mile Office Trailer Move

Thanks for everyone's replies so far. Reason for not buying one local is that I am not going to be starting the house project for a 18 to 24 months(and will be working on it in bursts) but would like to enjoy the property by the lake in the meantime. I can get this existing trailer fitted out...
  3. Truck/Axle Ideas for 600 mile Office Trailer Move

Hello all, everyone here has helped me with my Rangers over the years so I thought there might be some wisdom for me on this project. I've got a 8' wide by 28' long standard office trailer (t1-111 siding, relatively flat roof). It is empty at the moment, in great shape, rolling rear door...
  4. 89 b2 no power

Maybe use a plastic bag or tester on the radiator cap to check for head gasket issues? Might have an exhaust side blown gasket. I had similar issues, no sign of it in oil. New plugs and wires, ignition and sensors all good but just not a ton of power. Ended up being the head gasket...wasn't...
  5. Bronco Engine Suggestions

So if it's not one thing it is another with these old trucks. I fix the leaking brake line, I pull the thermostat and get the new tps sensor in. Surging idle improves quite a bit..not all the way still probably have a vac leak or some outdated smog nonsense is messing up but it is definitely...
  6. The Ford Maverick is coming June 8th

Working downtown I've been allowed to sneak my small Rangers into a lot of hidden spots at loading docks and garages for free parking right at the jobsite over the years when the guys with big vans, full size 4x4 trucks, etc.. had to park blocks away on the street. The new full size trucks...
  7. Bronco Engine Suggestions

I was unable to hunt down a leak down tester at the auto part stores near my house. They were all out. So after wasting way too much time thinking about engines and looking stuff up on google I remembered the engine was down almost a gallon of coolant when I got it. The oil looked fine so I...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1996 B2300-Beating my wallet to death.

Coil packs maybe? I didn't have the idle issue but gutless under 2k rpm. I changed the plugs to regular Autolite coppers and changed the coil packs and it made a world of difference. I had previously done iac, air filter, belt, timing belt, fuel filter, checked timing, and other misc. items to...
  9. Bronco Engine Suggestions

I've got tomorrow morning free so I'll pickup a compression tester at autozone, I do have a air compressor. At the pricing I'm seeing for new heads on Google plus gaskets and head bolts plus a day or two off work to do it, the 105k mile engine for $1,000 is starting to sound better. The...
  10. Bronco Engine Suggestions

Thanks for the input, they did not do a leakdown test just a regular compression test so it could just be a valve or head gasket. It is a 351. I can get a 105k 351 engine for $1100 and or a 176k for $550. Will run me about $1000 to have either put in. Cylinder 8 had 20lbs compression on a...
  11. Bronco Engine Suggestions

I picked up a '94 Bronco Eddie Bauer with a nice interior and brand new wheels and tires for the cost of parts. Lights and climate control all work. It was running quite rough, got it running a bit better and then had a local garage look at it as it was misfiring badly under load. He says...
  12. My review of the Milwaukee Packout mobile tool box system.

Right now I just use riggers bags like in the photo or regular soft side tool bags for everything , mostly commercial carpentry. I can fit 6 of them in my cross bed toolbox at a time. I've been interested in the Packout system but none of my helpers or coworkers care enough to put things back...
  13. What Can You ACTUALLY Tow? Payload -Tow Capacity

I spend way too much time thinking and rethinking my truck bed organization. Every rainy day I wish I had a camper shell but the rest of the time I prefer just rolling with the crossbed box. There is a long bed cap near me for $200 in nice shape right now that I'm torn about getting. I...
  14. What Can You ACTUALLY Tow? Payload -Tow Capacity

You are right on wildbill, I'm in construction and I use the crossbed toolbox on my 2000 Ranger all day long just walking up to the side of the bed. To get things out of the new stock f350 4x4's with a crossbed box you'd practically have to get in the bed, and I'm saying that standing almost...
  15. 2.5L ('98-'01) guesstimate the life left on my rangeR?

I've had vehicles that were at the point they burned a quart every 200 or 300 miles. The 200 mile one had a slight knock sound but still started and drove around at 60mph. The 300 mile quart motor sounded great and ran perfectly , I took a few long trips with it of over 1000 miles each way...
  16. 3.73 vs 4.10 gears - fuel economy?

They definitely are , strangely enough only when towing. I can load the bed with 1400lbs of tools and supplies and the truck rides fine but the same 1400 trailer weight will be slow going up a steep hill. I wouldn't change the gears if I never towed but I move my boat around with the truck a lot...
  17. 03 Supercab - Camper Build?

You may want to do the heater core while you have the dash out, if that is one of the rangers that needs the dash removed to replace the heater core it seems an opportune time to do it. If you have your little one riding in the ranger with you a lot in a car seat you probably will have the...
  18. 3.73 vs 4.10 gears - fuel economy?

I have a 3.73 I have a 3.73 rear end , open differential. I'd like to have an e-locker and 4.10 gears in it someday.
  19. 3.73 vs 4.10 gears - fuel economy?

I towed my boat and trailer from Maryland to Kentucky and back with a 2000 2.5 with 5 speed. Old steel trailer + 3 marine batteries + boat + outboard were about 1800lbs I'd guess. It was wood runabout, 2 rows of seating. 200lb outboard. Other than having to go into 3rd through the mountains a...
  20. 2.9L Head Gasket replacement

They have a tester that fits on the radiator cap that fills with fluid, the fluid changes color if their is exhaust gas in the cooling system. This can also be a useful tool for testing for a cracked head or head gasket. Good to hear that it sounds like you solved your problem without...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad