• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front Rotors, 1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT STD cab 2WD

Will these rotors front fit a 1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT 2WD Standard cab? Seller seems clueless, can't confirm and eBay car selector keeps popping something about 4WD. eBay deal is here or https://www.ebay.com/itm/293952741312
  2. Is Temp. Too Low? And Tranny Fluid Change

1998 Ranger 2.5, 86k Noticed that after 30 minutes of driving temp gauge is at level in pic, falls a hair or two just below that at a stop light. Temp outside is 80F. Coolant level is aok but I do add a little bit after say 2 months. Never been able to figure out why the loss occurs. Trany...
  3. Are these fuel trims ok?

1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT std cab 72k miles Rarely driven but mostly in the city. It get's 16.7 - to 18.5mpg, and 21 on highway, about 2 month's back when I did a short HWY trip. Hey guys I am still somewhere on the learning curve (pro'ly way behind) on fuel trims. Other than an ever so slight...
  4. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

1999 4.0 4x4 XLT EXT. CAB 84k miles I picked up this truck recently after it had been mostly sitting for most of 4 years. Only now am I able to get to service it but have driven it on errands - 148 miles total. First partial fueling was at 83075, 3 more partials then a full tank at 84223 miles...
  5. Coolant leaked, flush with tap water

99 4.0 4x4 83k miles. Sat for 4ish years. Needs fluids flushed. Before I could get to this truck leaked coolant in about 3 weeks of driving. It has a visible fresh leak streak around water pump. To diagnose it and be sure, I want to flush with vinegar and tap water, then drive it about 10...
  6. Will 2002 Explorer Wheels Fit 1999 Ranger 4x4?

Will wheels from a 2002 Ford explorer fit through the wheel hubs of a 1999 Ranger 4x4? Tires exact sizes are being sent later in the morning. I spotted a great deal on CL but they are a bit of a distance. If anyone knows this info. they will really help me decide. I tried the chrome rims from a...
  7. Restore Nerf Bars' Glory

Before installing these bars on new to me 99 4x4 I would like to restore them to some of their erstwhile glory in the same black. Has anyone done this? How and what products did you use, how are the results holding?
  8. BUY ADVICE 1999 XLT 4x4

1999 XLT 4x4 off road 83k miles 4.0 supercab. Truck has been sitting under a tree since 2015 but cranked right up with a new battery. Just checked out this truck, it drives/feels ok. Transmission is smooth while driving but the only thing I noticed was when I change from D into R it makes a...
  9. Is It OK To Fill A Dry Battery With DI Water Only?

In a car that has sat unused for the better part of a year I found the battery was dry. The bat. was getting discharged/or unable to hold a charge while it's barely 3 or so years. Reason, popped the caps and found it had zilch bat. acid. Not even a drip, in any of the cells. Refilled with DI...
  10. Junk Yard Hunt For 16's or 15's

1998 Auto. Ranger XLT 71k miles Am gonna sell this truck in about a year. To keep a tight budget am planning a trip to the junk yard to get some tires/wheels. Am in need of 4 tires/wheels. I would like to upsize from the current 225/70R15 to 16's but also open to same 15's for a good set...
  11. 433MHz RF Kill Switch, Any Ideas

1998 XLT Automatic 70k miles, I have not seen much or any installs of a 433 MHz RF kill switch other than physical Toggle Switches. This is the set up I am preferring-it eliminates a physical TS that may or not be discovered and use of a key fob to arm/disarm the wireless switch is naturally...
  12. Rear windshield swap solid to sliding

Will a 2003 Ranger sliding rear windshield fit a 98 2.5 regular cab with a single piece type windshield? Target-1998 Ranger Donor - 2003 Ranger
  13. BUY ADVICE, DEAL/NO DEAL? Hard Shift 1 to 2, 2 to 3

Looking at a plain jane 1996 Ranger for light practical purposes-homedepot runs, occasional what not. 4.0L Automatic 103k miles Owned by an octogenarian & serviced on time. It's pretty clean, shows no sign of abuse. My major concern: Trany is overfilled and has a wet spot ... may be a 5-6 inch...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad