• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Updating the 3.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

there needs to be a section dedicated to oil within the engine tech category. Like oil pump, oil pan removal, etc. anything related to oil issues.
  2. 8.8 swap

Hey everyone. I have just a quick question about the 8.8 rear axle from ford rangers... I want to swap my 7.5, 3.73, 9” brakes to at minimum at 7.5, 4.10, 10” brakes. I’d really like to swap in a 8.8. I think I’ve found some online that I could afford. I’ve done a lot of reading on this forum...
  3. Noisy motor.

Thanks for your input Warhawk. And thank you for your service! I am still having this clicking sound with my engine. I have also tried seafoam with no luck, as well as a heavier-grade oil. I actually just replaced all my lifters this past Saturday. The process went smoothly enough, however, the...
  4. No one is replying

https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/noisy-motor.192283/
  5. Noisy motor.

I have a 1999 ranger with the 3.0 v6 Flex fuel. It’s been maki this loud ticking noise for quite some time now. I thought it was my exhaust as it gets louder or more pronounced when the engine is under load. However I have inspected my exhaust and repaired any leaks it had and it’s still noisy...
  6. Thoughts and recommendations

Y’all are terrible lmao.
  7. Thoughts and recommendations

Great input. Thank you! That was my plan. Get quality adapters and torque them to spec w loctite. I would some nice hub centric adapters! I wouldn’t personally trust just some cheap piece of aluminum with holes for the bolts lol.
  8. Thoughts and recommendations

It’s a 2wd truck. It’s not much of a work truck either. This is for looks. I’m aware of all the cons that come with wheel spacers. If you don’t have any suggestions on what size wheel spacers look good, then pls don’t reply. I’m trying to talk to ford ranger enthusiasts not FORD certified mechanics.
  9. Thoughts and recommendations

What’s up everybody. I’m wanting to put some wheels spacers on my ranger. I’ve currently got it setting in 265/75 r15 Cooper AT3s. Been running this set up for a long time but I’m thinking it’d look good with a little bit wider stance. I’d love to see what some of you are running if you have...
  10. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

From a 93 f150 Eddie Bauer edition
  11. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

Another question. The donor explorer I have doesn’t have the rear end in it anymore. But I have found a 308 rear axle from an old f150. Will this work well for my set up?
  12. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

Thanks, What are some ways this can be done?
  13. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

I plan to use everything I can from my donor explorer. Will the computer need any changes since it’s coming from an automatic set up to a manual transmission?
  14. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

I'm fairly positive the VSS is at the wheel
  15. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

I read this. In fact I have read all the how to articles on this. None of them are clear enough on what to do as far as mounting goes because most of them are being done to a 4x4 model. Mine is 2wd and has a different frame
  16. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

Alright thanks guys. I think the 450d-r2 will be a good choice. I looked it up and see where it was used in f-150s and broncos and etc. new question though. I have a 1999 2wd ranger. 3.0 v6. What kind of adapters are required to mount the 302?
  17. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

direct fit to engine?
  18. What transmissions can I use on a 302?

I’m wanting to do a 5.0 v8 swap in my ranger. I’ve found a good donor explorer but I want to to use a manual transmission and this explorer is automatic. What transmissions (2wd) will be a direct bolt up to the 302? Or will work with the 302 with only small modifications?
  19. Low compression and misfire.

Just today my check engine light came back on. I used my little code reader and it says o2 sensor and EGR “A” flow insufficient detected.
  20. Low compression and misfire.

So the number of 70ish I gave earlier was wrong. I watched/helped a buddy of mine do the compression test. I had never done one before so I didn’t know any better. We did the test wrong, only on one or two cylinders with the spark plugs still in the other cylinders. I did the compression test...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad