• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transmission gear shifter cable

*Updated ended up being a cracked shift tube! So I'm replacing a shift tube and I'm having problems getting it set in right. I got it seated once but I couldn't get shift out of park any idea on what step I'm missing? Any help is appreciated!
  2. Transmission gear shifter cable

06 ranger sport 3.0 2WD Automatic Any one know the part number to the Automatic Transmission Gear Shifter Cable or a link to one? Every time I search it pulls them up but then when I click on it it'll tell me that doesn't fit my year
  3. Keys locked in

That's a nifty trick to know, worked like a charm! Thank you kind sir.
  4. Keys locked in

Not sure if this Isallowed and if not please remove. 2006 Ford Ranger 3.0 2WD Prob gonna get craps for this but is there any easy way into a locked ranger? As you can assume by head title...yes I locked my keys in. No power locks or anything all manual
  5. Crank, no start

Thank you!
  6. Crank, no start

So I'm looking at fuel pumps an my door sticker says my wb is 112 but when i look up fuel pumps for my truck i get wb of 111.5,.6, 117.4,.6 and 125.7,.9 it's this correct?
  7. Crank, no start

I'm not hearing pump at all do you know where at by the inertia switch so i can rule that out while I'm at it? Don't mind replacing the fuel pump just wanna be 100% sure that's it
  8. Crank, no start

Inertia switch is 12 then drops to 6.8 and relay has 2 points of 12v with key on
  9. Crank, no start

And what is the 50/50 test. Just saw that part?
  10. Crank, no start

It was working fine before no hesitation no intermittent or anything. Going out to check for 12v at inertia switch now so let you know in a min on that as for relay just turn key on and make sure the 12v stays? Also is there any grounds by the filter i could've hit or anything?
  11. Crank, no start

Changed fuel filter, truck started up fine drove around for about 10-15 mins and hasn't started since and i don't hear my fuel pump coming on now. Have constant 12v to one pin on fp relay, relay ohms out at 70 something and inertia switch is reading 6 point something volts. Does this mean my...
  12. 06 ranger sport 3.0 rwd

Neutral only
  13. 06 ranger sport 3.0 rwd

Pulled my transmission and put in a used one. I got it in there and all hooked up fine. Went into park and cycled through all the gears. Now fast-forward a couple weeks and she no longer goes in park or first unless I get under the truck and move the lever. Then yesterday I got a code for a...
  14. 06 Ford ranger 3.0 rwd trans swap

Ok I'll check that out tomorrow, once again I appreciate the advice an if you think of anything else feel free to post it
  15. 06 Ford ranger 3.0 rwd trans swap

Ron I appreciate you man, I have posted on this forum many times mainly on trans problems but you have given me advice on everyone of those I'm pretty sure! Won't be able to check until Wednesday but I'm not gonna lie that's about the distance were off about a quarter inch. So I'm not familiar...
  16. 06 Ford ranger 3.0 rwd trans swap

In process of trying to swap trans out and can't get the new used one to mesh up properly. I can get a couple bolts started to kinda hold it but I can't get the lower housing bolts to pull it on the pins. It's almost like something is stopping it from pulling in. Things we've done already are...
  17. Head gasket change

Gonna be changing my head gaskets out soon and had a question about the valve lash. Do i need to set my valve lash or not, read a couple other forums saying that it's automatic but idk with my truck. I've rebuilt a couple 350s and we would always just spin the push rod till it got a little tight...
  18. Coolant alternatives

It's 17.59 through Walmart with free shipping so just gonna order 2 gallons of concentrated and buy some distilled water. Thanks!
  19. Trouble starting

Just an update for anyone else having the same problem. It was the EVAP Purge solenoid. The test mentioned above may not always work so don't rule it out. It never did trigger the check engine light either but it finally came up under a pending code. Thanks to all for the advice!
  20. Coolant alternatives

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad