• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. vonD1025

2.9 swap to 4.0 clutch

They cut plate wrong, swapped it out for a 4.0 and it sounds clean and drives like a beast now.
  2. vonD1025

2.9 swap to 4.0 clutch

You think that’s the reason it’s eating starters. He cut the hole to big so it won’t seat properly?
  3. vonD1025

2.9 swap to 4.0 clutch

I’m not sure but he says it’s not a Mazda transmission
  4. vonD1025

2.9 swap to 4.0 clutch

Ok so everything is done but I can’t find a 4.0 starter block. Anyone know where to get one? Will that fix the alignment of the starter so it works? The mechanic burnt through two starters already because the it won’t line up properly.
  5. vonD1025

2.9 clutch conversion to 4.0

I swapped engines and transmission from automatic to manual already but there are old parts of the transmission from the auto still there.
  6. vonD1025

Ok question on here. When it says “1997 or earlier 4.0 manual starter (Auto will not fit)” . What does it mean exactly?
  7. vonD1025

https://www.therangerstation.com/tech/ford-2-9-converted-to-4-0-clutch/
  8. vonD1025

What’s the difference between 3.73 and 4.10

I’ve looked and the I can only find the 92 ranger front ends with 4.10 in Ohio or Pennsylvania and somewhere in Quebec. So it’s definitely farther then Oregon from Nevada..
  9. vonD1025

I’ve got one of the 7.5 rear ends with 4.10 ratio but I want to swap that out as well if I’m going to have to replace a lot right now.
  10. vonD1025

I found a completely rebuilt 35 for 600 that I could drive 5-6 hours for but not sure if should with it having the 3.73 gears
  11. vonD1025

Definitely off road in crazy shit so sounds like the 4.10’s are the way to go. I read the tech forum on axle swaps already but for changing the gears from the 3.73 to 4.10 if I bought a rebuilt Dana 35 is it pretty expensive to have the gears swapped or what would be the least inexpensive way to...
  12. vonD1025

I’ve been trying to find a Dana 35 ttb with 4.10 gears and I’m only finding the 3.73. Does it really matter or make a huge difference?
  13. vonD1025

Rear Axles shifting 1/2” each way

Yeah it’s got the limited slip. I’m going to pull apart the rear end but how would I check that?
  14. vonD1025

Good to know! Thank you
  15. vonD1025

Ok that’s kinda what I was thinking. You think it’s still ok to drive at the moment as long as I’m not hitting the trails?
  16. vonD1025

So I’ve been getting a weird hollow knocking off road in my rear driver side axle. Took the tire off and checked everything to be sure it was tight. After I jacked up the whole truck and if you push on the tire it’s shifts both sides about 1/2” each way. Anyone ever have this issue that can...
  17. vonD1025

Upland birds and small game, Reno area

It’s definitely good hiking. Chukar season is always a fun one for newbie’s. First times for fun and every time after revenge! I’m putting in for my first big game tags this year. 32 years old and I’ve only ever done upland- dove, quail, chukar, sage grouse, dusky and sooty and blue grouse...
  18. vonD1025

I haven’t ever really gotten into water fowl just because I tried smoked duck one time and wasn’t about it. I’m thinking about grabbing my duck stamp this year and trying something different to see if I like it. Maybe do a Christmas goose or some shit. You in Nevada?
  19. vonD1025

Anyone down for some bird hunting and big game scouting in Northern Nevada area? I’m in Carson Shitty but down to link up for off-roading and hunting.
  20. vonD1025

Upgraded axel shafts for 87 bronco ii?

My backs to torn up at the moment to crawl under anything so I’m cheating.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad