• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need AC electrical experts help troubleshooting...

You nailed it, switch was damaged and grounded out on the high pressure line
  2. Need AC electrical experts help troubleshooting...

Thank you so much for the diagram, I’ll update tonite when I get a chance to look again
  3. Need AC electrical experts help troubleshooting...

So my 96 ranger 2.3 compressor will not kick on and it’s baffling me. I’m fair with electricity but not an expert by no means. Here’s what I’ve tested System is charged, have continuity at low pressure switch when unplugged (the 2 prongs in the switch) I also have 12v to ground (1 lead on...
  4. Lifter tap at cold start help..

Ill make this short as possible, iy swapped the entire engine in this truck with one from a wrecking yard last year. It runs perfect. When i start it up after sitting for a couple days it has a pretty noticable lifter tap for about 2 or 3 seconds. Its done this since i swapped the engine. It has...
  5. Installing 2.3 engine advice

I’m ready to drop in my salvage engine on my 96 ranger, for you have have done this, how much of the motor can actually drop in all put together? The wiring harness has me a little concerned, do you plug in everything on the motor before dropping in? I have most of the motor together minus the...
  6. What parts to change before installing salvage motor?

Just had a 1995 2.3 engine delivered for my 96 ranger, engine has 119k on it. So far I’ve ordered spark plugs, wires, timing belt and tensioner, water pump, and valve cover gasket. Some have mentioned doing a head gasket and crankshaft position sensor while it’s out, compression test good on all...
  7. Tips on buying a junkyard motor

Decided after finding my ranger 2.3 had a cracked block I would swap the motor, it wasn’t very hard to pull so I’m willing to drop another one in. Obviously I can’t hear the motors run before I buy them and most have over 150k in them, what are things to look for? I was going to change the...
  8. 96 ranger 2.3 cracked engine block

Well, what I thought was just a leaking head gasket ended up being a crack from one of the cooling ports outwards toward the exhaust manifold, and about an inch down the side of the block. Pretty upset about it but I guess my question is, can these be successfully welded? I’m not willing to pull...
  9. Coolant leaking out passenger side of head

Noticed some antifreeze under my 96 2.3 today and noticed a very consistent flow of coolant coming from the passenger side of the head where it meets the block. I’m guessing this means the head gasket is blown but I don’t see any water in oil, the truck has not overheated since I have owned it...
  10. 96 ranger 2.3 common AC leaks?

I have just brought a 96 back to life i bought with a blown head gasket and numerous other problems. Im ready to get the AC working, i charged it with some freon with leak detect but i cannot find this leak, it takes about 2 weeks before it leaks out. What are some common leaks yall see on these...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad