• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. USCGC130

rear axle shaft bent? with video

Hey guys, so my truck (97 ranger 4.0 OHV, 124K miles) has alwasy had a weird hop to it, some time i can notice i at slow speeds, its really bad above 60 MPH. I have a Skyjacker lift with rear lift springs and new shocks, i have checked my pinion angle and it seems right on at about 5 degree, i...
  2. USCGC130

how much chrome showing on front shocks?

Hey guys, this question is mainly for the offroad guys since that what my ranger is for. I just got done removing my front coil spacers that were just under 1" to give my truck a bit more rake for carrying camping gear and a motorcycle, but after removing it im wondering if i should get a bit...
  3. USCGC130

what would you carry for spares in Baja?

So im gearing up for my Baja trip in april and trying to figure out what to bring as spare parts, im fairly new to the ranger world so i wanted to know what all you guys would carry on a 2 week, 3000+ mile trip in Baja or anywhere remote. I did choose to build a ranger after my last baja trip...
  4. USCGC130

is this spindle damage okay?

Sorry for asking such a simple question but... i am in the midst of tearing the whole front end apart to add a locker (ended up going with aussie), do the C-clip eliminator, add manual hubs and all new rotors and pads, along with replace seals and wheel bearings while im there. But i had a hell...
  5. USCGC130

Which Aussie locker? 1997 TTB (UPDATE)

Hey guys I’ve searched and could find and which Aussie locker are you guys running, ive seen conflicting results, aussies web site calls for the XD-13527 on their supplement guide for installing on a D35 TTB but on their site this doesn’t specify any ranger, but does say 88-97 Mazda pickup front...
  6. USCGC130

2 week trip through Baja moved to last week of may, 1st week of june

Hey all, I wanted to put out an invite to anyone who may want to join. In April I’m planning a Baja trip for about 2 weeks, it will consist of mild to moderate off-roading, lots of beach camping, a night at some hot springs, possibly another night or two at a secluded ecolodge, whale watching...
  7. USCGC130

Using mismatched drop bracket holes?

I have a question, I dropped my truck off for an alignment after adding a lift kit, skyjacker drop brackets with 6” coils and 1” washer spacers, the driver side tire is good but the shop can’t get the passenger side in say that it’s 1” out and recommend that I put the arm in the driver side...
  8. USCGC130

Anyone tried the Maxxis RAZR MT? or have a recommendation?

So i got the 6" SJ lift on but am just waiting for Skyjacker to get back to me about the drop pitman arm issue. So have started to look for tires, where i am at is, i am going with 33" for gearing sake, (i would love 35's but 33's will be be a little easier on the truck) and becuase i want to...
  9. USCGC130

Pitman arm not seated all the way?

Hey all, we’ll I searched google and the forum and couldn’t find an answer, but I just finished getting a 6” skyjacker kit installed and it seems their extreme drop pitman arm only seats maybe 3/4 of the way or less onto the steering spline, i torqued it to 210 ft lbs and tried hammering it on...
  10. USCGC130

Help, skyjacker is kicking my A**

Hey all, im sorry to start another thread, but i finally got the SJ class 2 lift kit and the radius arms, got the drop brackets installed and radius arms onthe axles, but now when im trying to put the coils in, they dont really want to stay in after i twist them in to the buckets will this be...
  11. USCGC130

6" Skyjacker going in, but radius arm dilemma

Hey guys, i finally started building up my lift, i decided to piece together my Skyjacker 6" lift, my plan is SJ drop brackets, 6" SJ coils with about 1" of washer under since i am a 1997 supercab with the 4.0. When i sell my deavers i am getting goign with the skyjacker 6: leafs. i have...
  12. USCGC130

good deal on coilover conversation?

so i just got a set of deaver F31 for $150 and they seem in good shape, i also got the mount plate for reaf coil overs that go on top of the leaves for another $50 and now i’m torn on this front coilover conversion kit (just brackets and the engine cage bar) for 300 he has, what do you guys...
  13. USCGC130

1997 5R55E reverse servo/band question

Hey guys, so i bought my 97 ranger knowing reverse was an issue (there is no reverse) so i finally got a gasket kit and tore into it tonight, the VB gaskets looks fine but i’ll still replace it with new, i found no big chunks of metal in my pan, but i did find my reverse servo to not have much...
  14. USCGC130

full blown skyjacker 6" or 4" for a 1997

Hey guys i have been doing some research on lifts as i gear up for my 1997 supercab 4.0 build up, i am for sure getting the top of the line skyjacker with the M95 shocks and a superrunner steering ( i know i will have to modify it for a 6 inch lift). But after reading about how finicky the TTB...
  15. USCGC130

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Hey guys! i just bought a 1997 extra cab ranger 4.0 liter 4x4, which probably needs a new transmission, it has no reverse and no engine breaking in manual 1st. So when i get it ill investigate more to see if its the servo or seals or band, but i cant check until i get it down here from seattle...
  16. USCGC130

Hello from Sacramento, Starting a 1997 ranger trail truck build!

Hello all from sacramento! Thanks for letting me join this group, i thoroughly enjoy forums and know how amazing and helpful all you knowledge filled folks can be! i just bought a 1997 extra cab ranger 4.0 liter 4x4, which probably needs a new transmission, it has no reverse and no engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad