• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HilaryP

Rear Brakes and Drums Average Cost (Pennsylvania)

Why isn't there a sub-forum for women and automotically:D challenged men? Well, I got my rear brake lines and seemingly two cylinders fixed by my new mechanic for $200. I still need the shackles done (you all said $100 for one would be a good deal, but I'm thinking that it would be foolish to...
  2. HilaryP

Is the Word "Shackle" Different from "Shackle Parts?"

TRS's favorite granny :icon_twisted:checking in (and thanks for the power steering test advice. It was the pump. What I can't figure out is why fixing the pump was so much cheaper than getting the lines replaced, but that's a question for another day.) The guy I found who fixed the PS pump...
  3. HilaryP

How Can You Tell If It's Your Reservoir or Power Steering Lines?

Car parts places don't sell replacement reservoirs for '94 B-3000s. Can't for the life of me figure out why:D . I can't tell if the leak is coming from the reservoir, and I don't want to pay to have the lines--which definitely could use replacing, even if the fluid wasn't leaking--replaced, only...
  4. HilaryP

How Do You Know When to Say Goodbye?

I know this is all guys, but I have to face the fact that the repairs my truck *may* need are either beyond my means or not feasible. The major reason this makes me sick is that for six years, the rear wheel wells were rusted out, probably due to removed wheel wells that trapped water. Last...
  5. HilaryP

Inspection Gone Way Wrong

A state inspector is forcing a garage to re-inspect my 1994 Mazda B-3000. The state begins with the letter P. Less than two months ago, my truck passed a AAA courtesy 40-point safety check. The "inspection" two days ago at the non-AAA garage said--Right Front Wheel Bearing; Right Rear Wheel...
  6. HilaryP

Mixing IAT Coolant with HOAT Coolant

I went to a AAA safety check event yesterday. They gave out pamphlets on car care, and I didn't know there was a difference between coolants. Thank God I didn't put the yellow Prestone antifreeze in my radiator, which I had mixed and ready to add. I have always used the green stuff. Do I have to...
  7. HilaryP

What Are the Chances?

Two weeks ago, I posted the thread below about leaking power steering fluid. For the last week, after deciding not to repair or replace anything at all, no fluid has leaked. The lid of the fluid reservoir seemed to have been the cause of the first "leak." When I took it back to the big...
  8. HilaryP

Leaking Steering Fluid Always Catastrophes?

I searched this forum and only came up with one post about manual transmissions. Mine is automatic two-wheel drive. So here I go again. I always have B-3000 ('94) catastrophes after I take it to the garage. I had my oil changed three weeks ago. Last week, the steering wheel was grinding and...
  9. HilaryP

Uploading Photographs for Resale Estimates

Happy Memorial Day, everybody, and salute to all of you guys who served in the Armed Forces. God Bless you. I talked to somebody about that fuel tube-neck filler thing :icon_twisted:, and the guy said he might have one "laying around." So I have to take it for an estimate on Tuesday. But...
  10. HilaryP

Gas Tank Question + ('94 B-3000)

I filled up at a full-service place manned by another female. She wouldn't let me swipe my own credit card, and she watched me put in my code. I say this because I didn't trust her. Then she filled the tank, kept filling even after it was full, and told me my gas tank had a leak. She got me to...
  11. HilaryP

Can a Fuel Filter Change Cause Exhaust Noise?

A new buddy, who can fix Rangers in his sleep, did some minor maintenance on "Ruby" yesterday. After I left his place, it sounded as if the motor was racing, or the exhaust was loose, or--who knows. He changed the fuel filter, but there were stressful moments when the gas started to spill...
  12. HilaryP

Can I Stick a '93 Ranger Bed on a '94 Mazda B-3000?

Can I stick a '93 OR a '97 Ranger truck bed on a Mazda '94 B-3000? The wheel arches are so shot, and my buddy is looking for after-market but they stopped making after-market for '94s. I found two parted-outs on Craigslist. Nothin' but the best. :bling: I'm posting because my buddy's out for...
  13. HilaryP

Rear Springs and Soft Rear Brakes

I just got new front rotors/brakes and had the rear (relatively new) brakes adjusted in May. Yesterday, everything went mushy and I couldn't brake for a stop sign in my 94 Mazda B-3000. Guys who do classic cars next to where I work fixed them so good it almost made me cry. But they said the...
  14. HilaryP

Wheel Arch Replacements for Mazda--Different

I have spent more money driving around looking for replacement anything for my 94 Mazda B-3000 wheel arches. They are rotted out due to probably flares from a previous owner. I met a guy with the exact same truck and problem yesterday, and he said he bought arch panels that needed slight...
  15. HilaryP

Fender Flare "Equivalency" Chart?

Is there a site where you can tell if used fender flares would work with your rustbucket? I have a 94 Mazda B-3000, and the flare are 06 GM...Sierra.
  16. HilaryP

Brake Light Goes On After Visit to New Lube Brake Place

I used to post here all the time a few years ago and wonder if anyone could give me an opinion (opinion). My 1994 Mazda B3000 has been maintained pretty well, with the exception of the body:icon_twisted:. I took it to a place for new brake pads back in August, and the brakes squeaked like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad