• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ford4wd08

New to me 2017 F250 6.7 Powerstroke

So, my latest F150 is a '16 CCSB with the 2.7 Ecoboost. It has been a fairly good truck to me, but with towing our toy hauler to my son's motocross races, it left me wanting a little more when doing that sort of travel. My wife wants to go to a bigger toy hauler, so I decided to look around for...
  2. ford4wd08

2.8 "Dieseling" When Turning Off

Hi Guys, As of late when I cut off my Bronco with the 2.8 it will have a case of "dieseling". It isn't every single time, but it is becoming more frequent. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know it was a lot more common on carb'ed engines. I did see where a fix could be an...
  3. ford4wd08

'85 Bronco 2 Windshield Wiper Mechanism

Hey guys, As I am sure it is the same in the Ranger, my '85 Bronco 2 has a 4 bar mechanism (I believe it is anyhow) and the passenger side linkage keeps popping off of the pivot point. Is there a way I can permanently fix this? I don't if there is a replacement bushing or something similar...
  4. ford4wd08

Aux Fuel Tank Questions

Hey guys, Have some ideas I want to run to run by you all. I'm working on my '87 F350 project and trying to figure out aux fuel tanks. The truck has a stock mid fuel tank of about 17 gallons (not enough for a 460 for sure), and it has a flatbed with a tank mounted where a toolbox would go...
  5. ford4wd08

Fan Clutch '85 2.8

Who makes a decent fan clutch replacement? I believe mine is in need of replacement, I know there are like severe duty that stay locked up longer (at the expense of mileage and engine load), just trying to see what the best fit or brand is out there.
  6. ford4wd08

Jason's 96 F150 5.0

Well time is flying and my oldest (Jason) is 15. He will be driving soon, he has his learner permit already. We were looking on marketplace today just for giggles and I spotted a super clean '96 F150 2wd with a 5.0 & auto trans and 96K miles. It was listed for $2K, I was crazy to not at least...
  7. ford4wd08

460 Build Info

Who knows anything about rebuilding a 460? This would be the last year carb motor (86) with the Holley carb. I'm not after much as I know the sky can be the limit. Thinking of a good trip to the machine shop, a new intake manifold/carb, straight up timing set (not retarded), new cam, and...
  8. ford4wd08

Found! First Gen Windshield Trim (Reveal Moulding)

Edit: found a set at my local pull apart today. No longer needed. I need to upper piece specifically, but will take a whole set if someone has it. Black or Chrome, it doesn't matter. Let me know what you have. Thanks, Jordan
  9. ford4wd08

Wanted Driver Side Inner Vent Window Frame

Has anyone done a swap to solid glass and have vent windows lying around? My stud on my driver's side broke yesterday when I was trying to disassemble it to paint the frame. I'll buy a whole assembly if anyone has one. Thanks, Jordan
  10. ford4wd08

Help me choose a practical tire size

Hi guys, as the '85 Bronco 2 nears body work completion, I am looking forward to getting a new set of tires to mount on my stock aluminum rims from a ~1990 RBV. The big question is what tire size? This rig will see very little off the pavement driving. Maybe some hunting or gravel roads, but...
  11. ford4wd08

Lever Guns Anyone?

With my new found love of my Winchester 9422M 22 mag, I decided it might be fun to have a center fire lever action to add to the collection. I know Henry makes good stuff, but I just like collecting guns that are either no longer made or where made by the "original" Winchester, Marlin...
  12. ford4wd08

Clean Bronco 2

It's on FB marketplace, not sure who can see it, but here it is. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1302690686841291/?ref=facebook_story_share
  13. ford4wd08

Picked up some stock aluminum wheels

Found a set of 89-90 stock 15x7 aluminum wheels. They are a little rough, but since they're aluminum they will polish up I believe. Were these clear coated from the factory? They appear to be and it's chipping off. Any tips on how to getting these looking as good as possible? I'm going to...
  14. ford4wd08

BW 1350 TC Fluid

Was reading through the tech library, and came across the recommendations for T Case fluid. Does it really make a difference which fluid is used? Especially in the early 1350 cases like in my B2? I was thinking of using Valvoline's T-Case fluid in mine as it is readily available and the T Case...
  15. ford4wd08

'85 Bronco II Shudder at 45 mph

Hey guys, have a weird problem I'm trying to diagnose. My B2 has a weird shudder it has developed. It only happens when I come to a slight incline at 45 mph and at a certain throttle position. If I give it more gas and up the rpms it seems to go away. If I let off the throttle completely and...
  16. ford4wd08

Temp Gage Quit Working

My '85 B2 temp gage quit working yesterday. What are my options for replacement/troubleshooting? I believe I can ground the wire on the and the gage should move to hot right? My wiring looks pretty old, so I ordered a replacement wiring with the connector for the stud. Can you replace the...
  17. ford4wd08

'85 Bronco II Paint & Body Thread

Well, I think I'm about ready to start looking into my paint and body work. I think I'm going to tackle this myself. I've never painted a whole car, but I've done some rattle can work and had good results. I think it is time to step up to the next level. So first couple of things I have to...
  18. ford4wd08

Anyone else ever come across removable rear windows in person??

This guy found one and has been posting about it on Facebook.
  19. ford4wd08

Questions for Everyone about Detonation or "Pinging"

I don't know that I have ever had a vehicle experience pinging.... All of my vehicles have been EFI (I know they can still ping), and have had solid controls in good shape to prevent it. I'm just curious what it sounds like and how to make sure you don't have it. For instance, I can tell a...
  20. ford4wd08

Wanted Ford Factory Radio

Looking for a working single din Ford Factory Radio from the late 80's to the early 90's. I would prefer a cassette deck. Let me know what you have,

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad