• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. icetherice

Volvo V70 fan blowing fuses

This might be in the wrong section but I didn't see a section dedicated to cooling so I figured I'd post here. I hacked in a fan from a V70 today and wired it accordingly with a 30 amp relay to a switch. Every time I try to hit the fan it smokes the fuse. Is this fan too much for a 30 amp...
  2. icetherice

OBDII delete? '66 289 into a '00 153

In the process of building up a 289 engine, carb'd. Wondering what speedbumps I'll run into shoehorning it into an OBDII chassis....anyone have experience?
  3. icetherice

Rich Condition, Sticky TPS, Datalogs

Few months back a new MAF solved my P0171. Now I have a P0172. I think HO2S1 is finally kicking the bucket because I've gotten many more 'dropped voltage' spikes. The anomaly I was seeing last time I played with my datalogger when I was chasing the lean condition. Going to drop the whole...
  4. icetherice

Torn between swap and turbo

My 2.5L has about 8k on it now and I want more power. I have a 289 block and heads in the shop right now but I'm starting to look lustfully at the Hahn 20g-TD05H sitting on my shelf. I'm not going to ask permission to run three atmospheres of boost on hypereutectics and stock 2.5 rods, just...
  5. icetherice

DJM 4/5 won't align??

I installed: DJM LCAs, UCAs, 2" drop coils, end links NAPA part #264-2953 camber/caster kit DJM Rear Flip Kit Energy Suspension Poly bushings in rear leaves/shackles. Calmax Shocks all around. My final alignment numbers (that aren't in spec): Driver's Front +1.6* camber +5.3* caster...
  6. icetherice

The ranger 'lean'...swap the leafs?

In the middle of installing the 4/5 DJM drop so I have the rear all apart. I've read a bit about the ranger lean over time and I'm wondering if there's any merit to exchanging the driver's and passenger's side leaf springs in order to kind of...balance out 18 years of imbalanced load. I plan...
  7. icetherice

Asymmetric Engine Mounts (kind of urgent)

I purchased two engine mounts from RA part #A2853, everywhere I look claims that the engine mounts for the 2000 2.5l rwd 5spd are symmetric, yet the ones that are on my truck are not..they look much different from one another. It's currently hanging from the crane that doesn't stay up...
  8. icetherice

Lurker finally raises his hand for P0171

Hi all, first post, glad to be here :icon_thumby: I spent a long time lurking this forum and have found a lot of good information here. I finally ran into a problem I need a few opinions on. Long story short: I built this engine in my garage from the rings up using information that I primarily...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad