• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. boosted2.3

custom steering wheel problems

It a Forever Sharp wheel and adapter
  2. boosted2.3

custom steering wheel problems

Hello,, I have a 95 ranger xlt. I'm trying to install a custom wheel and the colomb is bigger around than the wheel hub. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?? or will I have to make my own. Thanks
  3. boosted2.3

4.0 header bolts

Thanks a lot guy.. 🍺🍺🍺
  4. boosted2.3

4.0 header bolts

Hello all,, I have a 94 ranger XLT with a 4.0 pushrod motor. I'm installing a set of headers on it, and am having problems finding header bolts. do you know what the thread size is for the exhaust bolts? thanks a lot :cool:
  5. boosted2.3

94 ranger XLT 4.0 engine mount question.

thanks for the reply. I figured it was something like that. your right it is a bear to take out. but mine will be gone when done. thanks again. :beer::beer:
  6. boosted2.3

94 ranger XLT 4.0 engine mount question.

Hello all,,, It's been a long time since I've posted. I have a 94 with a 4.0. I'm in the middle of putting a new top end on it and there is a motor mount shock absorber on it. My question is, how important is it? with it gone the compartment would be cleaner. thanks :cool:
  7. boosted2.3

possible steering mods

Hello all, I have a '95 ranger 4x2 4.0 5spd. The steering feels a little loose, but not really detectable when I look at the box. All my other vehicles are rack and pinion, and I'm looking into whether or not ford made a steering box with quick ratios or variable ratios before they finally went...
  8. boosted2.3

clutch problem

I have a '94 2x4 ranger with a 4.0 and a 5 spd. The trans, and all clutch hydraulics are new last summer. Today I pushed the clutch pedal and it felt like something broke, and the pedal will not go down at all now. No fluid leaks anywhere. the pedal is jammed somehow, or maybe the TO bearing...
  9. boosted2.3

reverse lights

Hello, I have a '94 ranger with a 4.0 and the M5/50 transmission. I just had the transmission replaced with a re-manufactured one. When I got it back the B/U lights didn't work. I have power to the switch, and when the switched is removed, and pushed the lights work, just not when installed. Is...
  10. boosted2.3

5spd help.

Hey guys, I have a remanufatured M5 being put in my truck, (94 ranger 4.0 4x2 . When the trans came it had a sticker on it saying 10W30 oil only. My book says Mercon ATF. Have any of you heard of this?? Thanks a lot. :icon_bounceblue:
  11. boosted2.3

'94 4.o, manual,, code 53

Hello, I'm having a problem concerning the TPS. I've searched but can't find anything. I have a '94 ranger XLT with a 4.0 and a 5 spd. It runs great but has this problem that comes and goes. It just goes full rich and starts running real rough, and sounds like a cammed up engine and smokes...
  12. boosted2.3

idle problems

I have a '95 ranger with a 4.0 and a 5spd. It has 114 K miles on it. I have been fighting problems for a few months. It started with a bad TPS, and a new tps fixed it then it would run great till I made a short stop and would not start after. I got a 556 code- fuel pump relay circuit failure. I...
  13. boosted2.3

8.8 rear end info

Hello all, I have a '94 XLT w/ a 4.0 and a 5 spd, 2x4 p/u. It has a 3.07 open rear end in it. I also have an 8.8 I was going to put in my '85 Turbo Ranger, and a limited slip carrier. Will the complete rear from the '85 bolt up to my '94?. If it will bolt up I'm going to get the carrier set up...
  14. boosted2.3

4.0 OHV drivability problems

Hello all, It's been quite a while since I last posted. I have a '94 4.0 ohv ranger with a 5spd. It has 114,xxx miles. I has always ran fine, but the other day I was just on a narrow road and in third gear and the "check eng light came on and it started bucking real bad, I went to 2nd and got...
  15. boosted2.3

rain gutters

I done a search on this subject , but found nothing. I remember reading about eliminating the rain gutters on a gen 1 or 2 ranger. I am getting ready to start getting a cab ready to swap onto my gen 1. I even saw the pics and thought it looked real clean. There was no instruction on it just the...
  16. boosted2.3

narrowing an 8.8

He everyone, I searched this but didn't find what I was looking for. A while back I was reading on here I thought , but it might have been another board. It was about narrowing an 8.8 but just cutting the long side the same as the short side and using the short axels on both sides. it would...
  17. boosted2.3

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on this site for years, and have been a member for a while now, I guess it's time to make it formal. I'm a 59 year old gearhead. I've built quite a few cars in my life. I have always had a truck but only hot rodded one. It's a '85 ranger longbed I've had for...
  18. boosted2.3

custom rear suspension

I've searched everywhere with no hits so here goes. I have a '85 ranger lb 2wheel drive with a thunderbird turbo eng and t-5. I've been running it for 6 years with no problems. Now it has a issue with the rear suspension. the shackle hangers are rusted plus the 7.5 posi has quit. I want to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad