• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

So if you look back on my post history I was trying to build a 4.0 with go fast parts. Didn't work, back ordered forever... Ended up getting a Cadillac lq9 (6.0 high compression iron block) did a full rebuild and re ring kit on it. Then picked up a 2wd 6L90 for dirt cheap from a teacher...
  2. Mackhedq

Put a Service bed on my truck

Just thought I'd share my photos here. Put a service bed on my ranger finally. 500 dollars at the scrap yard it was going to get crushed. Patched a couple holes then threw it on. Just had to modify fuel filler neck and that was it. Was made for a short bed ranger and mounting holes lined up...
  3. Mackhedq

New seats

Scored a set of 2010 Porsche seats on marketplace. Tooks a little adjusting and welding on the brackets but got them on my seat tracks. Just in time too my mustang seats were getting a little worn out. Used the manual sliding tracks with power tilt off the Porsche seats.
  4. Mackhedq

Extended my axle dump exhaust out the bumper

Got tired of the drone on my axle dump exhaust. Even after adding a resonator it just was annoying around cruising speeds. Tube use is 2.25". Wish I had more 2.5" but this was free so I can't cry too much
  5. Mackhedq

Hopping up a low mileage ohv.

Not sure the directions I want to go with my low mileage 94 4.0 ohv. Don't say v8 swap nows not the time for me. First idea is 95mt heads 66mm bbk throttle 422 comp cam Headers 94 motor + 95mt head would put me around 10.25:1. So thinner head gasket for 10.5:1 compression. 2nd idea...
  6. Mackhedq

94 4.0 Torque converter lock up all over the place

So I have a 94 4.0, the TC lock up is all over the place with no rhyme or reason. The transmission is new so I know there's no issues with it. What I'm experiencing is sometimes driving I'll have OD and TC lock up above 50ish like it should. Shifts just fine and then it will unlock and no TC...
  7. Mackhedq

Cut and Turn step by step

Heres how I cut and turned my beams kinda step by step. My truck had a 6" lift with drop brackets and my own homemade single swing set steering rack. I live in Minnesota so there isnt much go fast or wheeling in general... but taking in the limitation of the 35 beams. The center ujoint binds and...
  8. Mackhedq

building up a 4.0 ohv short block

The truck is 1994 with a 4.0. Rebuilt the trans on it at 200k miles and the motor is probably next. Here's my list for a slightly better motor. 94 Ohv short block Com cams 49-422-8 95Tm heads Bbk 66mm throttle body Melling high volume oil pump Valve cover support tails Crane springs #99858...
  9. Mackhedq

Custom tail lights

After breaking too many tail lights i finally made my own. The plastic is just too brittle in the winter and they shatter with any little tap I feel. I got my original idea off a guy on Instagram who i cannot remember for the life of me now. This is for an old dodge i believe. Now on to mine...
  10. Mackhedq

New bumper time!

Im just going to drop these in the build order. I dont have lengths or angles because yeah. Here is the old one. It was 7" almost 1/2 thick C channel. I broke a 9500 cable on this thing and it barely left a bend. This entire thing is .120 1.5" tube. Half dom and half mild steel. It...
  11. Mackhedq

Single swing steering on my 1994 ford ranger

I turn wrenches not words so expect spelling and grammar errors. So I have my 1994 ford ranger lifted 6" on the suspension and 1" on the body. Even with the sky-jacker dripped pitman arm driving this thing just plain sucks on the road. Bumpsteer like crazy and just not what I want. I have a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad