• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Well it runs! Kinda. Lots if figuring out to do https://youtube.com/shorts/8zQ3eeXbjgQ?si=rGujjsp5vI2YWEGr
  2. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Steering is almost done. A couple Misalignment spacers on back order and need to finish center link up.
  3. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

So so so close now. Lost a little travel with the 35s but well needed. Steering is all in place just need a lot of bracing now.
  4. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Just the .7 lense and caster at full bump. They'll maintain a correct angle. Both arms are perfectly mirrored and the same lever length.
  5. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Just another steering update now. Also got a lead on some 35s, going All Terrians just to keep road noise down. Planning on finishing out the exhaust from the bumper and need to put 4wd shifter in. Steering update below, working on tierod arms. Nearly able to keep them perfectly straight. Full...
  6. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Got my fiberglass fenders in. Definitely an ebay gamble but they fit. Need way more tire though, 37s it is.
  7. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Yep cut and turned with a 3" drop bracket. Everything just looks weird because stretching the wheelbase made the brackets look extra long
  8. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Another update. Engine wiring is 99% done. Ended up paying someone for the tune just too much to learm right now. With that I'll know i have a good tune and can just focus on troubleshooting any issues that pop up. Power steering is wrapped up now too, got a line made a my local hydraulic shop...
  9. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Tuning is hard. I have no idea what im doing but im going to figure it out. First time kinda running here. Almost falls into a choppy idle before dying.
  10. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Soon...
  11. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

This is why i went full LS in the end. Even after redoing the electrical I'm still in less than 500 dollars on it. Stand alone 6R/6L controllers are 1200+ dollars. Original goal was 300hp and 5 speed. Now we're closer to 430hp and 6 speed
  12. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Update to everything. Spent a lot of time learning here. I messed up my wiring combined with a pretty damaged harness. I gutted everything and start over fresh. Redid my body wiring harness and verified everything worked. I bought and re pinned my own harness for the motor side and spent a good...
  13. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Well bit of an update now. Front end is mostly together now, just need to do steering next. I've got that all calculated out. With a 5" pitman arm I can put it to 8" long idle swingers and have 111° of steering angle with 3 turns of a steering wheel lock to lock. That one took some math to do...
  14. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Passenger side is coming together again now. Axle is back together and you can see where I extended the axles shaft. Welded a 4" piece in the middle then sleeved it and plus welded it. I doubt it will hold up but we'll see. 16" shocks in and they sit much better. Travel is what I expected now.
  15. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

So update on everything. I ordered the wrong shocks all together. Somehow I got 14" coilovers when I thought I ordered 16". So that's why my spring rates didn't work at all. I'll end up cutting most of the engine cage out to rework the mounts. In the mean time the whole truck is wired, has fluid...
  16. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Got myself a roller again. Spring rates are way too soft as I thought, I knew they sent me a SAS set up spring rates from the start. Truck looks like something again though. Will have to pull the whole driver side apart again after steering is done but at least it's on its own weight now.
  17. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Getting the driver's side together. Moved steering box even more forwards, cut the pitman arm and need to weld it 1" shorter. I believe shortening this arm will quicken up my steering too because this Toyota box is like a forklift. Also started on the driver's side engine cage too.
  18. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Front end is back on its own weight! Kinda! Well half I guess. Passenger side is getting all the love and back on its own weight. Time to mirror it on the other side. Made two of every bracket just need to work around the brake booster. Stretching the wheelbase on the ranger was the right idea...
  19. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Things are coming together pretty quickly here now. Still putting on off the annoying little details like patching the heater/ac box hole. Got the passenger side tacked together and everything seems to work nicely together. Drivers side is gonna be interesting, currently the steering box hits...
  20. Mackhedq

LS swap! finally

Still working on it. Getting closer every day kinda... At least when I actually get time to work on it. Working on coilovers mounts, need a little bit more tube for headers. Drivers side needed to be completely cut up and redone. Today is a mock up day and see if I can bend some coilovers hoops...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad