• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Seeking suggestions: cost and complications for replacing coolant recovery hose

Update: KM-4556 bypass hose seems to fit only 2001-2003 2.3 Duratecs Upon doing some internet searching, I discovered that several sites such as the one linked below say the KM-4556 bypass hose only fits model years 2001-2003 2.3 Duratec Rangers and B2300s. see...
  2. Seeking suggestions: cost and complications for replacing coolant recovery hose

Alternate method for changing coolant recovery tank hose KM-4720 AND KM-4556 P.S., I posted this in the archives section but posted here too in case you wouldn't find it in archives. I made a few slight changes to the one below. Go to the original post to see a number of related pics...
  3. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

Seems possible you could have a bad temp. sending (gauge controlling) unit (different than the cyl. head temp sensor you replaced). Maybe a fairly simple check, other than changing temp sending unit, would be to install one of the non-electric thermostat versions (about $25) and see what...
  4. Outline for changing Coolant Tank Hose KM-4720, and KM-4556 - 2001 and newer 2.3 Dura

Outline for changing Coolant Tank Hose KM-4720, and KM-4556, 2001-2003 Duratec 2.3 Poster: Greg2u4 (owner of 2003 Mazda B2300 with 2.3L, 4 cyl. Duratec) Difficulty: 7 (out of 10) - less if your a good, experienced mechanic Time to install: 5-6 hours (if you're lucky and first learn from my...
  5. Seeking suggestions: cost and complications for replacing coolant recovery hose

Thanks for the good advice, RonD. It's been 110K miles since the the last clutch/pressure plate/slave cyl. change, so those items would make sense to change in addition to the rear main seal, with the tranny dropped to replace the coolant hose. I'm thinking this work would be around $1,500...
  6. Seeking suggestions: cost and complications for replacing coolant recovery hose

Hello all, I have a 2003 Mazda B2300 with the 2.3 Duratec, and 198K miles. The engine still runs strong, but has developed a bad coolant leak in the dreaded "no can reach" zone behind the motor, above the bell housing and in front of the firewall. It appears most likely that I have a leak...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad