• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ford 8.8 ring gear contact patch always favors heel edge

Hey all, I am regearing my truck from 3.08's to 3.55's and replacing the open diff to a limited slip. All used, stock Ford parts. I am having trouble getting the contact patch looking good though, the drive side always seems to favor the toe edge while the coast side always seems to favor the...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Overly High PCV Pressure

Hey all, I've been test driving my 1991 ranger with a 2.3 turbo motor from a 1988 thunderbird turbocoupe in order to get it tuned after being rebuilt and assembled. After these drives, I've noticed a lot of smoke from the engine bay coming from oil that is being sprayed around and hitting the...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 won't charge past 12.5V

Hey all, so this is going to sound like the obvious answer is a bad voltage regulator, but it has been far more confusing of a problem and I finally decided to stop and ask for some help. I have a 1991 ranger that came with the 2.3 stock. I have swapped the engine for the 2.3 turbo from an 88...
  4. Ford 8.8 swap, pattern too deep but no shims left to remove

Title about says it all. Swapping a 28 spline 8.8 axle from a 2000 ranger onto my 91 ranger, in the process of regearing with used 3,55 gears. Using the old pinion bearing as a setup bearing, dremeled it out to a slip fit, and am installing the pinion with the old crush sleeve, outer bearing...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1991 Ranger 2.3 Turbo Swap Tachometer Not Working

I'm finishing up an engine swap from a 1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe into my Ranger, it's a '91 that had the N/A 2.3 in there before the swap, so it has been mostly plug and play. After ironing out some fuel issues, it seems to start and idle fine now, but I found that the tachometer isn't working...
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel Pressure Bleeding Down

Hello all, I'm currently in the middle of a distributed turbo 2.3 conversion from a 1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe into my 1991 Ranger, which had the EDIS 2.3 stock. I am running into a bizarre issue where the fuel pressure is bleeding down after letting the fuel pump prime the engine. I have done...
  7. 1991 Ranger No Spark

Hey there everyone, I have a 1991 Ranger with the 2.3 L4, RWD, M5R1 transmission. The truck was cheap and didn't run when I bought it, but once I got it running it ran pretty well all things considered. Recently swapped the head from the 1991 2.3 head, to a spare 2000 2.5 head I had in my...
  8. Help Wiring Ignition Switch 1985 f150

Hey all, I've been fighting with some wiring here and want to get some feedback. So the situation here is the ignition cylinder is jammed, and I haven't had luck of removing it to install a new one. Even if I did manage that, the actuator rod is missing, though I could shape a small rod to take...
  9. 1991 Ranger XL

Hello everyone! Just made an account here and this is my first post on TRS, though not the first ranger I've owned. My current '91 Ranger is only temporarily mine, I bought it for $300 as a gift for my dad, cleaned it up and got it running. Now I'll be driving it while I'm back at school and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad