• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Better engine diagrams

Yes. I know about the atf dipstick. Imagine trying to get a funnel down that. Motor oil has separate filler port for a REASON. Thanks.
  2. Better engine diagrams

Hello! It's been a while. I still have an 04 3L ranger. I have beens searching for the transmission fill port which I think is just in front of the firewall and right in front of the driver. (CHILTON does not tell you). The reason is when I make my first start of the engine of...
  3. Completely quiet after fuel pump change

No lights . On the dash or not. Not one sound either.
  4. 2004 Ranger: Do the fuel pumps come in two different sizes?

I'm replacing a fuel pump also on a 2004 3L. I installed a usmw usem2356m pro series. I had to grind down a tab that was supposed to go between 2 of the 7 metallic tabs protruding up around the fuel pump opening. Carid.com gave me the above usem2356 for 111 and 117 wheelbased vehicles. I...
  5. Completely quiet after fuel pump change

The driver panel was working before the pump was replaced. Extracting the pump, even with the special tool, took repeated work with diamond bits on a Dremel which of course could only be done in 15 minute sessions because of the dremel's battery.
  6. Completely quiet after fuel pump change

Hello! Long time missing. I replaced my ( 3L/111.4in wheelbase) fuel pump with USMW pro series usep2356m. I reconnected the piping and signalling. Now it won't restart not making a sound but the starter motor and battery are new. The truck bed was removed and rear lights are still...
  7. V6 3L:Shifter or ignition problem?

Hello! A new adventure in teachingmyself vehicle repair. I replaced my Shifter solenoid in 3L and I was able to put it neutral later on and roll it downhill to a new repair spot. I thought my Shifter solenoid replacement was successful. A month later, I want to move the truck 6 inches. The...
  8. Truck dead! Battery at 12.5v

Hello! More misadventures with a 3L 2004 ranger... Its dead Jim. ... Ok(disconnected) battery seems alive but no sound and no lights. I have the cover of the steering column off to change shift solenoid. I have a multi-meter ... A. What can I test for on engine dead problem? B.only YouTube...
  9. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

Hello, Is there a way to socketize these wires? I know about electrician's crimp shape like a sphere on one side and a skirt on the other side but this going to be in a hot engine compartment and cycled several times. The multimeter showed zero even when I goined red/grey to all black. Thx in...
  10. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

A response to a mechanics.stackexchange.com posting (52115 at bottom) said the black wires are for heating the oxygen sensor upon startup. Which of the first picture's wires would map to these heating elements? What are the other two wires doing? The computingzone reference above leads to a...
  11. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

It's the oxygen sensor HARNESS being replaced NOT THE SENSOR. The original sensor and harness merged from heat. The wires pictures above are from the HARNESS. I am mapping the harness wires pictured to the BLACK , BLACK/WHITE, GREEN/RED and ORANGE/RED OF the HARNESS Head. Thx in advance, JC Magras
  12. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

Ok not receiver. It's a harness. But I found http://computingzone.net/files/04_ford_ranger_complete.pdf p21 fig. 16: 3.0L, engine performance circuit 4/4. Look at bottom right most oxygen sensor has correct colors. Another article from stackexchange.com suggests that the black wires are heating...
  13. Wires of oxygen sensor receiver

Hello! Another step in my struggle with my 2004 Ford ranger 3L. The picture is near the firewall aft intake manifold. I need to map the wires from the replacement oxygen sensor RECEIVER. Not the front oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor receiver PLUGS Into the oxygen sensor. Picture (on right)...
  14. Opening a tab on heated pcv valve

Hello! More adventures with my 2004 3L v6. The tilted black object ,in the attached image of my pcv valve , how do I open this black rectangular object? I tried a screwdriver but was afraid to break it. I finally found at Napa with a proper diagram and not in stock was on top of the valve...
  15. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

I have looked up the part here at https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/valve-assy-crankcase-ventilation-6283979-1 I can not tell if it's the heated or unheated version I need Thx in advance, JC Magras
  16. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

The video and diagram contradict each other. Remember this is a 2004 3L Ford ranger. There was apparently a revision in the pcv valve for this model year. The 3L and 4L pcv valves are VERY different. Thx . JC Magras
  17. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

Thx for the help. But "Vulcan"? This is a 2004 v6 3.0L engine The one useful YouTube video I saw showed pcv valve outside the intake manifold on the driver's side. It was blue colored hence the picture. Thx in advance, JC Magras
  18. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

Ok. Transmission vent tube. Could you tell me where this is relative to the pcv valve? [ 3L 2004 v6] I have checked YouTube and searched the vacuum tubes? Is the camshaft cover close to this picture? Thx in advance, JC Magras
  19. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

Sorry wrong picture. Replaced it.
  20. Identify this thin pipe under pedals

Hello! I have photographed this tube under cabin pedals and would like to know what this pipe is. Mine is a 2004 3L v6. The picture was shot from underneath looking at the front drivers wheel. [ Could you point the path to the pcv valve or camshaft cover plz?] Thanks in advance, JC Magras

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad