• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Truck will only shift when in either 4HI or 4LO

Recently just began encountering this problem with my truck. I've been using 4HI and 4LO quite a bit as it is winter and snowing daily. As of this morning, my truck will only shift into gears if I first engage the truck into either 4HI or 4LO. What gives? This seems like an extremely unusual...
  2. Truck will only shift when in 4HI or 4LO

Recently just began encountering this problem with my truck. I've been using 4HI and 4LO quite a bit as it is winter and snowing daily. As of this morning, my truck will only shift into gears if I first engage the truck into either 4HI or 4LO. What gives? This seems like an extremely unusual...
  3. Manual Transmission stuck after clutch change

I just finished doing the clutch job on my truck, I got the transmission and everything put together and all buttoned up, and now the shifter is stuck and the clutch pedal has no pressure. Is it possible that the slave cylinder I purchased was faulty from the factory? I wouldn't think the system...
  4. Oil Pan Gasket. Any Tips?

Hey all, I've been changing my clutch out on my truck and I noticed that the rear of the oil pan gasket it protruding from the back of the engine block by the flywheel. It is leaking a bit of oil and the lazy person inside me slapped a bunch of RTV on their but I know it is not gonna hold for...
  5. How in the name of god do you remove the flywheel?

I'm currently doing a clutch job on my truck and I cannot remove this god damned flywheel. I've been spraying the bolts down daily and taking a breaker bar to them but its virtually impossible to do since the flywheel spins freely. Normally I would just put a second breaker bar on the front of...
  6. Transmission Guides?

Hey everyone, I used the search function but did not find anything. I'm wondering exactly what tools will be required to change the clutch on my '98 3.0 with and M5R1 and 4x4. I understand the order of things but I'm going to be doing it on my driveway over a weekend and don't want to have to...
  7. Another Hard Shifting problem

My truck is a 1998 Mazda B3000 4x4 5-Speed. This leads me to believe that the transmission is an M5R1? I am a bit confused about the differences between the transmissions. Anyways The truck shifts perfectly when turned off, but when on it has difficulty shifting into 1st and reverse. It also is...
  8. Front end refresh/strengthening

Hello all, I recently picked up a 98 B3000 4x4 with 180,000 miles. I’ve had other 4x4 vehicles in the past but not have had the IFS that this Ford has. I really want to take this truck off-roading and beat on it a bit because I’ve always babied my other cars. The plan as of right now is to swap...
  9. My 1998 Mazda B3000 4x4

Hey everyone! I just recently purchased my first truck and I'm very excited. It is a 1998 Mazda B3000 with working 4x4 and a 5 speed manual transmission (M5OD-R1 I believe?) and 177,000 miles. I've had 7 cars in the last 5 years including everything from a Honda Civic to 2 BMW E30s and a Jeep...
  10. My 1998 Mazda B3000 4x4

Hey everyone! I just recently purchased my first truck and I'm very excited. It is a 1998 Mazda B3000 with working 4x4 and a 5 speed manual transmission (M5OD-R1 I believe?) and 177,000 miles. I've had 7 cars in the last 5 years including everything from a Honda Civic to 2 BMW E30s and a Jeep...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad