• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 08 ranger with 4.0, have a timing chain issue?

I've found what I think is a pretty good deal on an 08 ranger with the 4.0 liter engine with 133k miles. The owner says he has not changed the timing chain and that it isn't making any noise. I'm concerned that there might be a big problem waiting just round the corner for this engine. Was...
  2. obII scanner

will a OBII scanner work on a 1990 ranger?
  3. Must I remove the Y pipe to remove the a4ld?

I have a 90 ranger with 4.0 and a4ld. It's been slow about going into 4th gear for a long time but now I is getting too bad. I've been thinking about rebuilding it for a long time. Now I'm at the point where I better do it or I"ll be too old. I also think I should just sale it as is. I...
  4. remove y pipe from 90 4.0

I will soon be removing my a4ld for rebuilding. I want to remove the y pipe to make it easier. I don't think the pipe has ever been removed. I think I'll end up in a 15 round fight to get it out. I already think I'll have to cut the fasteners and drill them out but it looks awfully tight up...
  5. 90 ranger body parts interchange

I have a 1990 ranger, long bed, std cab. I want to change the bed and passenger side front fender. What other years will fit?
  6. which 4.0 in 2003

i found a 2003 ranger i might want to buy. I'm reluctant to get the one with the timing chain in the back of the engine. which 4.0 engine is most likely in a 2003 ranger?
  7. might have to consider a 3.0

I"ve been looking to get a newer truck. So many of the used trucks have the 3.0 in them. After finding so few 4.0s I started thinking about getting the 3.0. Does the 3.0 have any redeeming virtues?
  8. master cylinder replacement

I'm going to replace my MC. I went to ebay and found that they come with 15/16 ID and 1 inch ID. Is either ok? Both say they fit my 1990 4 liter ranger. I don't care to take it part way off to check for ID if I can avoid it.
  9. 90 ranger tail gate

my tail gate has the aluminum panel covering the center area. Mine has a thick coat of black paint. I want to remove the paint without damaging the aluminum panel. what's the best way to do so?
  10. motor cycle jack for transmission jack

have any of you ever used a motor cycle jack as a transmission jack. I know of a good deal on one and was thinking it might work.
  11. Manual shifting and automatic transmission

This will sound like a dumb question but I must ask, Is there any reason why we can't by pass the computer and use a switch to shift from one gear to the next? It seems we should be able to run some wires from the transmission into the cab and connect them to switches and change gears as we decide.
  12. Different P/Ns for 1986 2.3 and 1990 4.0

I just learned that the rebuild kits for my so called new transmission uses a different rebuild kit than the a4ld I now have in my truck. It's probably just a different O ring or something minor but who knows. Now I wonder if I should rebuild the older a4ld or put the older one in and rebuild...
  13. O rings identification

I've found my rebuildable a4ld and will pick it up this Saturday. Now I'm thinking more seriously about the rebuild. I'm concerned about the many O rings. I think most of them come in one bag. They are no marked in any way. I experienced situations where a replacement O ring was a little...
  14. They're all gone!

I've been seriously looking for a a4ld to rebuild so that my daily driver truck won't be down for so long. I checked with my junkyard. They didn't have one and if they did it would cost $700.00. There isn't one on Ebay either. I found two on craigslist but they are 200 miles away for...
  15. A4LD, interchange

I have a 1990 ford ranger, 2wd, 4L w/A4LD AT. I found a 1990 Aerostar, 3L, with AT. Will the aerostar AT fit into my ranger?
  16. hydraulic hoses

I have a 1990 truck. I don't know if the hoses have ever been replaced. Should they be changed just because they are old?
  17. All balls and TRE

I'm going to replace all ball joints and TREs. Is there a best order in replacing them? Maybe the balls first then the TREs.
  18. torque converter

I have the option of a low stall or high still converter. What's the advantage of one over the other?
  19. rear main seal

I intend to take my a4ld out in a few days and thought I might as well change my rear main seal. I understand that I can hook it with a pick and just pull it out. I saw that on YouTube. Putting in a new one is not so clear. I've never seen this specific seal. Does it have a metal enclosure...
  20. brazing ?

I'm trying to braze a drain plug into my transmission pan. I brazed it once and it leaked. I found that the pan was cracked in the braze area. I ground the brazing off and brazed it again and it still has cracks. I wonder, I'm I getting it too hot? Is the plug, being thicker and the thin...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad