• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Pinion Nut Won't Stay Tight (8.8 Rear Diff)

2003 FX4 Level 2 with 8.8, 31 spline rear diff. having trouble with the pinion nut backing out. Almost looks like oil is running past the threads of the nut causing it to come loose (?) Tried putting black RTV on the pinion threads and back of nut before torquing down, Worked for a short time...
  2. Are 2001 4.0 SOHC Flexplate to Crank bolt TTY?

Was looking up torque values for flexplate to crank bolts for the 4.0 SOHC and am getting mixed results from multiple sources. Some sources say they are TTY and some say they are reusable. 96 - 00 Explorer Workshop manual says Stage 1: Tighten to 13 Nm (10 lb-ft). Stage 2: Tighten to 71 Nm...
  3. 4.0 SOHC Chain Guide Part Numbers?

So I'm pulling the engine from the truck and while I have it out I'm looking to replace all the chain guides. Problem is all I can find is the complete cassettes with chain and sprockets. I know they were available at one time and were way less than a complete cassette. Engine is 4.0 SOHC 2001...
  4. Part Numbers for 4.0 SOHC Chain Guides & Tensioners

Got the 4.0 SOHC out of my 2001 Ranger 4x4 and am looking to replace the chain guides while I have it out. Not replacing the chains or sprockets but just the guides for the Cams, Ballance and Jackshaft. Does anyone have the Ford part #s for all the chain guides, tensioners, and nylon parts in...
  5. 5.0 Swap PATS Issue (2007 Ranger)

Have completed the 5.0 engine swap from a 2001 Explorer into a 2007 Ranger. All the mechanical bolted up OK but am having trouble with PATS. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get the 2007 Ranger body harness & Keys to work with the 2001 Expo engine harness and ECU? Done allot of...
  6. Steering Wheel & Airbag Swap

Gotta replace the steering wheel on my 03 XLT and am wanting to swap in another style wheel with it's matching airbag. Wanting to go for a wheel from an 04+ Ranger or an 02+ Explorer. What year airbags are compatible with the 03 Ranger Airbag system?
  7. Howdy

Just got an account and thought I'd say Hey Looking forward to spending time on the forum with my 03 Twin Stick Ranger Cheers!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad