• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Battery options for 99 Ranger

Thanks! I forgot to include the winch is about 32 years old and has supposedly never operated. Hope that doesn't matter as it is a RAMSEY.
  2. Battery options for 99 Ranger

I have a 99 Supercab 4X4 and just installed a winch on the Affordable Off Road front bumper. That winch is an older Ramsey unit and it pulls a lot of amperage in use. I have only would the synthetic rope on it and the battery gauge indicated it took a lot of power to do that (the winch had sat...
  3. Recommendation for a scanner to work with a 99 4.0L

I just bought this truck and think I should get a scanner in case or problems in the backcountry. I don't need a 410k Snap-on, don't want a cheap, Amazon, Chinese special either. Any suggestions from those who know?
  4. 8.8 swap brake cable finishing touches

The cables from a Jeep Grand Cherokee (with disc brakes) work perfectly, believe it or not. Look in the wrecking yards or they are available new. East Coast Gear provides these cables when you buy an 8.8 diff from them for your projects.
  5. For Sale 1990 Ranger Supercab Project

REASONABLE OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. LOWBALL OFFERS WILL BE IGNORED. Please reread the description.
  6. For Sale 1990 Ranger Supercab Project

Sorry! Old age has set in. The truck is located in Prescott Valley, AZ (about 80 miles north of Phoenix). Also, more pics available upon request via email. Just PM me.
  7. For Sale 1990 Ranger Supercab Project

I have been working on this Southern Nevada truck, but have not gotten much past the suspension upgrades. I installed NEW: Skyjacker rear 4" lift springs with extended shackles, Skyjacker front TTB pivot brackets, and James Duff radius arms. It came with front 4" lift springs, but I don't know...
  8. 4.0L engine plate differences

I inherited a supposedly 93' 4.0 Liter engine with a 90 Ranger and was working to install the clutch. I cleaned up the rear engine plate to find it says clearly AUTO on it when this is a manual setup. I had also noticed NO pilot bearing, so obviously the engine came from an automatic proabably...
  9. Fm-146 reliability

Thanks, guys!! Still in search for a trans...good or otherwise.
  10. Fm-146 transmission reliability

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the responses. I tend to agree with franklin2 though. However, I have read that the Mazda M5OD-R1 is the strongest of the trannys. Just hard to find unless you want to buy a rebuilt unit at $1k+.
  11. Fm-146 reliability

I have been looking for a 5 speed manual trans for my project 90 Supercab Ranger and may have found an FM-146 with a transfer case. My project came with a 93 4.0L engine and M5OD-R1 2WD trans, which is not much use. How reliable is the Fm-146 in a 4WD application with a stock 4.0L engine, 4.56...
  12. Fm-146 transmission reliability

I have been looking for a 5 speed manual trans for my project 90 Supercab Ranger and may have found an FM-146 with a transfer case. My project came with a 93 4.0L engine and M5OD-R1 2WD trans, which is not much use. How reliable is the Fm-146 in a 4WD application with a stock 4.0L engine, 4.56...
  13. 5 Speed manual 4X4 trans fitment help

I have a 93' 4.0L V-6 that has a 2WD trans on it and I need a 4WD transmission. Will a 95 3.0L V-6 manual trans bolt up to the engine I have? If not I can get a 4.0L trans from the local U Pick wrecking yard. Thanks for the help. I have a 90' Supercab I am putting this all into.
  14. Manual vs Auto transfer case

GREAT!!! I'm a Jeep guy so ddon't know hte Rangers yet. However, I love Rangers and am glad to have one again after a long hiatus! Your information is exactly what I was looking for! I appreciate your reply!
  15. Manual vs Auto transfer case

Hello all. New user here. I just bought a 90 SC Ranger 4X4 with a 93 4.0 and a 2wd M50 trans. I need to get a transfer case and the corect trans. Does anyone know if the spline count and size is the same between the auto and manual transmission output shafts to allow me to use a transfer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad