• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Have a brake question for my 86 for 4 x 4

Thank you Eric I will start digging in
  2. Have a brake question for my 86 for 4 x 4

Has anyone done a rear disc conversion on these rangers? I do a lot of hauling and I’d love to upgrade my brakes so if anyone has a link to somebody that has done an upgrade like that?
  3. My 86 ranger needs brighter dash lights

What have you guys done to make your dash lights brighter and or a different color? This is an 86 ranger XLT, 4 x 4, five speed 2.9.
  4. Who’s upgraded their dash lights?

The left side of my 86 ranger XLT likes to be DEm and I can’t see crap at night. They don’t have the greenish back glow but it’s faint. What kind of LED upgrades are there or kind of upgrades to make my dash more responsive to my rheostat? this is bugging me in my way to the dump on a trash run
  5. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

WINNING…. Test showed intermittent skips in number 1 and 4 and 6! Replaced the new coil pack with a premium new coil pack and finally everything is perfect! Everything is spot on, power is back better than before. Friggin kept getting a little better with each cleaning and old part upgrade...
  6. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Well Ron was the guy! I figured since the wires homed out good that they would be fine and apparently they are so I did not do the flash test and when I did the flash test I found Eric spark on number 14 and six cleaning this brand new coil pack is bad. I warranty one is on his way right now...
  7. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Thank you Ron, I have done everything except use the timing like to check the spark getting to each cylinder at plug tip, that was in my plans today, by even going so far as to run my hands down the entire length of all six wires with the engine running and did not get shocked lol but that is...
  8. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Apparently nobody else does either….
  9. 93 rough run and pop 4.0 no check engine light

The balancer is a perfect circle while running, the rubber is smooth and untracked and solid.
  10. 93 rough run and pop 4.0 no check engine light

145 max 125 min. As shown in the other thread. Some would say that’s terrible. But the issue is intermittent spark interruptions. I have removed the column mounted ignition switch and testing it digitally tomorrow, checking for fluctuations or loss of power signal to ecm with minute movement...
  11. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Aweeeeee schart. I recon I can test the ignition switch to see if it’s sending errant to n off signals while driving, but I don’t have any idea how to pull that off just yet.
  12. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

OK before you guys give up on me and start telling me that my compression is off which causes the ignition to cut out while accelerating I will explain to you what I’ve done today….. The truck poles tremendously strong and first and second gear and in third gear it’s the pole strong but the cut...
  13. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

OK uncle Gump, but nobody has once accepted point of fact that this is not an overall runnability issue but an electrical interruption in the firing process while accelerating. My second replacement throttle position sensor should be here within the hour and I will run tests again to make sure...
  14. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

If the valves weren’t seating properly a blow by test will confirm, but it runs excellent without popping like bad valves do….
  15. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

25 psi compression difference has absolutely no relevance to the engine jerking like it’s losing spark for a few milliseconds randomly, or like an injector refused to open…. mill take a few hours tomorrow to remove the top end and injectors and rest each one. I don’t have a high pressure setup...
  16. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Good question, my daily driver is my 86 XLT 2.9 ranger I love it deeply! alas no, this is the original 1993 with a 4.0 but I believe the heads were replaced eight or so years ago. Standard in tank pump, regulator on fuel rail, edis 6 ignition box and no cam position sensor.
  17. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

I’m hearing crickets…. Come on guys you can’t actually have stuff to do between all these silly posts of mine.
  18. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Indeed I did begin by checking the overall health of the engine discovered a water leak repaired that. Changed old plugs at that time Wires are 300 miles old, Belden top of the line, excellent fitment, ohmed out perfectly, no loose tips. Great start up and idle, great free revving. Smooth...
  19. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Listening patiently for results of thoughts on compression test versus the issue this truck is experiencing. I’m kinda insulted, but not in a fluffy democrat way, but in the way where I know that the overall compression has zero to do with an electrical issue or fuel pressure issue.
  20. 93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Plugs pic after thirty miles driven.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad