• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 a4ld to 2.9

hey guys I'm having mt trans rebuilt again this time I have a 4.0 trans that I'm having built what torque converter should I use I'm thinking since I have the 2.9 I should use the 2.9 converter right or is it better to use the 4.0 converter my engine is 40 over with camcraft cam in it headers...
  2. alignment bushings

hi guys I have a question for u I have a 90 ranger that I just redid the whole truck I switched out the dana28 for a 35 I rebuilt everything now my issue is that my bushings keep moving I had the truck aligned twice in the last month cause they keep turning the bolts r tight the shop has no...
  3. Help with trans

Can anyone give me advice on my trans i have a 90 ranger 4x4 2.9 a4ld now my problem is my trans is on its say out again I had it rebuilt 2 times in the last 10 yrs i seen a compatible called patc they have an 4liter a4ld that they build it up it looks good but a little expensive 2600.00 and...
  4. Retaining clips

hey guys can someone tell me if there are those retaining clips that go over the ac hoses that connect to the condenser the reason I ask is on my 90 ranger I replaced my entire ac system and when I was charging it up the low pressure line blew apart at the condenser so I'm trying to figure out...
  5. Tires

hey guys I need a little advice im just getting my 90 ranger finished i redid the whole truck top to bottom my issue is tires i have a 6 inch lift now i currently have 31 10.50 15 tires with 15x8 rims im gonna put 33 inch tires on but I cannot find any all terrain tires that are 33 10.50 15 im...
  6. A little help

hello everyone in rangerland I need a little help im restoring my 90 ranger reg cab 4x4 i already have my frame and suspension done i removed my cab and fixed and repaired the rust but I also have to replace my rad support but I found out that my truck was damaged from previous owners and...
  7. Little help

Hi guys I changed my gears in my truck I went from 3.73 to 4.56 is there anyone on here that did this swap know which is the correct speedo to get they have 5 or 6 different ones can anyone help me out thanks
  8. Dana 35 u joint help

Hey guys I am rebuilding my 90 ranger I am changing my Dana 28 for the 35 and so on my issue is I got new u joints the Spicer 5-760x for both axles I did the left side had no problems I go to do the right side and the joints don't fit the cross is to wide I mean I can get 3 caps in and retainers...
  9. Dana 35

Hey guys I'm doing a dana 28 to the dana 35 swap I'm changing the gears to 456 my question is is the dana 35 a reverse ring and pinion or standard I'm seeing it both ways I'm just not sure and also if it is a reverse do I need to buy a reverse master install kit to or will a regular one work I'm...
  10. Just a question

hey guys I have a question I'm planning on changing my dana 28 for the 35 my question is what year dana35 should I put in I read the forums I can't find what I'm looking for and what vehicle should I get it from does anyone have any preference or does it not matter thanks
  11. 4.0 rad

Hey guys I have a 90 rang with the 2.9 I want to know if anyone has replaced their rad with a 4.0 rad I know they r the same size and that the 4.0 is a 2 core I think I saw some time ago someone who did this but had problems with the upper hose so can anyone tell me if they did the swap and what...
  12. a couple of questions

Can anyone tell me where I can get that breather that's on the driver side valve cover on a 2.9 mine is bad I want to put a new one on has anyone ever changed theirs with an after market one if yes do u have a brandname or part number. 2nd question im looking for a 410 gear for a dana 28 they...
  13. ebay

Has anyone seen that ranger on eBay its got a 2.9 with a super charger on it it says it dynoed at 306 hp
  14. ac help

Hi guys I am having a problem I have a 90 ranger with the 2.9 I am replacing my ac compressor and acumulator and office tube my system was already changed over to 134 buy the po my question is that I don't know where to put the oil in the compressor or how much the sticker on it dose not say...
  15. a little help

Hey guys I got 3 inch blocks on my ranger I put them on top of the factory block is this the way they go or do they go on under the factory block the reason I ask is since I put them on I got a bad vibration in my drive line that I know is coming from the blocks any advice is appt
  16. rear leaf springs

Hi guys I have a question for you r the rear leaf springs the same for a 90 ranger and a 90 bronco2 the reason I ask is because i bought a set of lift springs from rough country and they r shorter then my stock ones I called rc and they said the spring fits both when I looked at the lmc catalog...
  17. a little help please

Hey guys is there anyone out there who has installed a set of rough county rear lift springs part number 8031 for a 90 rang the reason I ask is I got a set I went to put them on but they r 4inches shorter Then my stock ones I called rough county they told me that's the right ones for my truck so...
  18. radius arms

Hey guy's dose anyone know if the radius arms r different from side to side the reason I am asking is I got my lift done and the pass side coil is tilted more than the drivers side I took everything apart and checked the measurement from the radius arms brackets to the mounting point on the...
  19. tuff country lift

Hey guy's im doing a 4inch tuff country lift on my 90 reg cab I got a problem connecting my sway bar end links they dont line up for some reason when I did the lift I completely took everything out so I can replace all the worn out bushing and stuff I dont know if I got the sway bar link...
  20. shift motor

Hey guys I am replacing my shift motor on my 90 rang with the bg1350 case what do i need to know when changing out the motor is it just unbolt and bolt back on any help is appreciated

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad