• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Spoke with an Idiot today....

I have my Ranger listed on craigslist. Lots of interest, but I need to get a title reissued for the truck. I got a call earlier today from a potential buyer... Caller: I'm calling about your ranger on craiglist Me: Yes I still have it Caller: What motor does it have in it? Me: 4.0 v6 Caller...
  2. 4.0 Transmission Removal

First off I have searched this forum and Googled and found no very useful information regaurding this information.... This weekend I am going to replace my clutch and slave cylinder. From what I can tell the slave is leaking fluid on the clutch and causing it to slip. I think this because the...
  3. I would like to give a shout out to Ford!

Thank you very much for producing a very limited number of spindles for the 95 -97 ranger 4wd w/abs.....Bought a junkyard spindle a couple months ago with intentions to do the job as soon as money and time would allow. Tear it all apart and find out the junkyard sold me a non abs spindle...
  4. Switching to 4lo disables 4wd switch...

First things first: 1995 4.0 4wd with electric transfer case.. Thursday Kansas City got about a foot of snow and I was loving the fact I have 4wd in my ranger. These trucks are like a damn mountain goat with good tires and 4wd. Thursday afternoon I go to move my truck after I cleaned the...
  5. D35 axle shaft removal

I plan to change out all of the ball joints and u-joints on my front end this weekend (hopefully...). My question is.......Do the front axles just slide out after the knuckles are removed or do I have to open up the front differential and remove clips. Ive done some reading and posted my...
  6. 1995 4x4 Balljoint and u-joint replacement

First of all this job would not worry me so much if everything was not as rusty as it is. I my 95 used to be a michigan or minnesota truck........ Everything looks so rusty it gives me anxiety just thinking about working on the suspension. Ive already replaced the rear shackles and hangers just...
  7. Pretty pissed off right now....

I feel I got screwed out of holiday pay, give me your opinions. Ill try to make a long story short. I work for a privately owned body shop. I graduated from college with a bachelors in business administration in may. I have been lazily searching for a better job since then, my work figured I...
  8. Thank God for the Throttle Cable Mod!

I just performed the throttle cable mod on my 95 4x4 4.0 5spd. The Difference is like night and day. I had noticed from the start, when I bought the truck July of 2010 that the gas pedal was really close to the floor, but I didnt give it much thought. The truck had always seemed gutless, a...
  9. Squeeling when I take right turns!

Any right turn above 10mph causes my left front wheel(drivers side wheel) to make a high pitch squeeling noise when I take right turns. Last fall or winter/whenever I had my rotors turned and replace brake pads. The auto hubs were something of a mystery besides getting them back where they fit...
  10. WHich camber cams do I need?

I would like to level out my 95 Supercab 4x4. I just got some new 31" treadwrights (actually measure out to 30's :annoyed:), the front looks way freakin low compared to the rear now. I'm thinking i will lift it 1.5-2" with welded washers. Do i need to to buy shocks built for this? My shocks all...
  11. Engine not reaching normal temperature and barely any heat. HELP!

For the last couple of weeks it has been pretty cold here and I have noticed my truck is not reaching its normal operating temperature. The needle will vary from cold to almost to normal. On the highway it will get down to cold, but idling it will usually be almost to normal. I have basically no...
  12. Foglamp problems!

I cheaped out and bought some aftermarket fogs to replace my factory ones that were rusted to hell. I wired these new fogs into the factory harness by cutting the pigtails off the factory llights and soldering them together with the new fogs. The fogs worked fine for a few minutes then I shut...
  13. Best DIY Roll-On Bedliner

Ive been kicking around the idea of paint my bumpers, the grill, and fender flares matte black since I bought this truck a little over a month ago. Last night I came up with the idea of using a roll on bed liner. Paying someone to prep and spray on a bed liner is not an option because of the...
  14. Does my 95 Ranger have a factory amp?

I'm buying a new head unit for my truck and putting my amps and subs in it soon, while buying the head unit I noticed that crutchfield seems to think that my truck has a factory amp. Right now it has the factory double din radio in it that has the auto set button on it. I looked for an amp...
  15. Need opinions on 95 Ranger 4x4 makeover

I bought this truck a month ago and I have been thinking a lot about what to do with the color scheme of the wheels, flares, bumpers and grill. I will be tinting the windows in the near future so they will obviously be black soon but I am not 100% set on what color to paint the flares and grill...
  16. Pulled code p1443

I cant find this code in the tech library, whats up? The truck doesnt act funny, the check engine light just turns on randomly from week to week. Code p1443
  17. Who else hates rust?

I bought my Ranger just a week ago and already broke the shackle doing some very light and slow wheeling today. I figured it would happen sooner or later after I looked at it when I bought it, but this was a little quick. Ive started cutting off the rivets and got a new hanger and shackle. Holy...
  18. My New Ranger

I just bought this truck wednesday. 8 days before I got this ranger I had got in a wreck in my 93 F-150 and it got totalled. It turned out to be a blessing since I wanted out of that rusty pos anyway. After searching for a week I found this. I was getting somewhat frustrated searching and not...
  19. Looking at a MAZDA B4000

My f-150 got totalled the other day and I just got the check from insurance for it. Now I am looking at trucks and I think i found the one I want. Its only a 3 hour drive and has all of the options I want. Along with the options it is priced half the cost of retail. Only thing I really wonder...
  20. The turn signal STRUGGLE!

Let me start by saying this started a few months back on my 93 ranger 2wd auto with tilt wheel, and I have been trying to fix this problem since then. I have no turn signals except for the right front signal, and that only works when the brake is depressed and I manually operate the switch, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad