• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 b2 no power

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll update with what I find
  2. 89 b2 no power

Checking this too thanks!
  3. 89 b2 no power

Yes spout out 10. Spout in it goes to 22
  4. 89 b2 no power

Haven’t thought about that. Definitely going to check that out
  5. 89 b2 no power

That’s on my to do list when I can get back to it
  6. 89 b2 no power

It’s open about 1/4 inch at idle, max 1/2” as I rev past 2000
  7. 89 b2 no power

Maybe it’s the tfi? Pretty temperamental little thing but oh well
  8. 89 b2 no power

I have not. But I will. I gave the aic a good clean and cleaned up the ground to frame last night. Seemed to have improved it. I’m driving it today and getting similar symptoms but not exactly the same. I can only give it 1/2 throttle or it sputters and chokes out. The longer I drive it the...
  9. 89 b2 no power

I should add I removed the exhaust already. Just checked the timing. Looks like it’s at 11/12 with the spout out over 22 with it in
  10. 89 b2 no power

I’m hoping to pick up an adapter soon to do that. I just assumed it would be a spark or fuel issue. The more I look and read it could be any number of things
  11. 89 b2 no power

I idles smooth. Just when it’s under load
  12. 89 b2 no power

If I had the time and money that would be the perfect option. But sadly not yet
  13. 89 b2 no power

I was cruising around at work with my little 89 4x4 5spd and everyone was admiring how awesome it was and how good it was running. Then all of a sudden it fell on its face. 0 power to even take off. Can’t get it to go over 30km/hr. ive put new Plugs/wires. Spark all 6 Fuel pump/filter Robbed...
  14. Project. Where to start?

I hear ya on the previous owner thing jerryc! Trail and bush fixed usually 😂. I’m guilty of it too. 1 bolt has claimed 3 sawzall blades and 1 grinder wheel. I have to go to town get more wheels and those leafs are gone
  15. Project. Where to start?

Any good ideas on how to remove the leafs? I’m about to start cutting bolts!
  16. Project. Where to start?

The xlt is running! It drives and trans shifts flawlessly. Now to tackle the lift swap so my tires will fit. There was only 1 dead mouse also so that’s a bonus. Thanks for the insight I think the xlt will make a pretty decent truck to bomb around in 👍
  17. Project. Where to start?

Well the black xlt has been a puzzle to say the least! He told me the only problem mechanically that it had was they stripped the start bolt threads. Not entirely true. He had a starter that was not meant for this ol girl and he just used regular bolts that where just too small. Swapped it out...
  18. Project. Where to start?

I hear ya on the mice! I just couldn’t pass on the xlt. Dude wanted 500$. And the body is in really good shape. I’m a sucker for all the small SUV’s. I usually run them until they break sell for parts, while other guys spend thousands on sxs and quads I’m just putting through the mud with a...
  19. Project. Where to start?

The Eddie Bauer runs and drives fine I just don’t like the auto Trans and the auto hubs exploded. I found the xlt just down the road in a guys junk yard-hence the mice. The price for xlt was cheaper than getting new hubs plus all the extra parts that I will use eventually. To be honest I am...
  20. Project. Where to start?

What gears would you recommend? I’m all ears!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad