• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Towing cross country with a B2300, my experience.

I recently completed a 3400 mile trip with a B2300 and a Uhaul 5x8 trailer. To the point, I will NEVER do that again. Trailer = 900 lb with 800-1000lb of stuff. We'll assume 1900lb. This is fine at sea level with no inclines! Add altitude AND inclines and things get dodgy very quick. in...
  2. Heat valve problems.

First my heat valve (manifold) flew apart, literally. It broke in two and the 3 other ports fell apart upon removal. The new heat valve leaked and now the replaced new valve leaks. The leak is where the shaft that turns the valve goes into the assembly. Is there anything that I'm missing...
  3. Drive shaft u-joint replacement

2003 B2300 93K miles. When changing the fuel filter I noticed a slight movement on the drive shaft when pushed. This year has no zerc fittings on the universal (or ball joints for that matter:annoyed:) so I was never able to service them properly. I'm also guessing that I can remove the...
  4. Manual Speering Post 1995?

Just curious if there are aftermarket manual steering boxes for late model Rangers/B2300's If so, can you point me in their direction? Thanks CE
  5. Engine flooding?

Only happened once. I've been told that it could be a computer glitch, but I'd like additional information. Thanks CE
  6. Engine flooding?

My 2003 2.3 started up, idled really low and had almost no power. When I shut it down, I noticed fuel dripping out of the tail pipe. After I turned off the ignition, then restarted, the problem went away. Was this just a glitch or an indicator of things to come?
  7. Manual Transmission Rant

I have a 2003 B2300. It was purchased with a manual 5-speed with the intent of having a simple low maintenance vehicle. I baby my truck with the intent of getting at least 120K out of the clutch. Then one day my clutch pedal goes to the floor. Easy fix right? I probably let the hydraulic...
  8. Hood liner deterioration.

The liner underneath my hood is starting to sag and directly contact some engine parts. Should I replace it, leave it alone or just remove it? Does it protect the hood or is it for sound supression? Thanks CE
  9. A/C and/or P/S belt bypass?

Options upon A/C compressor failure: 1. replace compressor. or, if money is tight (or A/C is not necessary) 2. Simple pulley replacement (cheaper, same belt) 3. smaller (shorter) belt and bypass the entire pulley. Is there a 'best practice' between 2 and 3? Also, I've seem some folks remove...
  10. Hesitation.

Solved. Solution: Ignition coil. I needed to perform a tune up (if you can call it that) anyhow.
  11. Hesitation.

2003 B2300 2.3 5 speed 70k At acceleration with engine rpm at 1900-2200 I have hesitation and it is getting worse. It's not a problem at higher rpm's and seems more pronounced when it's not fully warmed up. I can't figure if it's a spark problem, fuel problem or a computer problem. I've tried...
  12. Plastic trim removal (around radio)

2003 Mazda B2300 The plastic trim around the radio and a/c panel is starting to peel. I would like to remove it and manually pull off all of the rubber-like covering to give it a uniform look but I cannot find the fasteners. The Hays manual is not much help. Is there something simple I'm...
  13. Ever consider a seperate recirc and compressor switch?

One thing about the Ford trucks is you can't select recirculation manually or choose when to have the A/C compressor on. Many other models seem to have these options. Would it be difficult to rewire the system with a manual a/c switch (so I don't HAVE to have the *&^$# compressor in the dead...
  14. Knocking under load

Whenever I was towing a trailer and/or a hot day, I would hear pinging (detonation?) under the hood. It would be lessened with 89 octane and eliminated with 92 octane. Is there a timing issue with my engine? 2003 B2300 4 banger. CE
  15. Camper top?

Not a topper, I mean a full camper. I've seen pics of a small truck (not a Ranger) with a pop up camper, but they seem to be a rare breed. I'm looking for info like price, weight, MPG penalty, etc. I'm thinking camper + Ranger = road trip. Ideas? CE
  16. Best mpg

I have a tonneau cover. I can't say it helps the mileage more than 2-3 mpg but it does help cut down on wind noise at higher speeds. CE
  17. CNG conversion

What are the consequences for a CNG conversion? Like price, additional engine wear, etc. Does it damage components like sensors and catalytic converters or rings and valves? What about mileage? Thanks CE
  18. Why no diesels on the Ranger? (in the USA)

On a recent visit to New Zealand, I saw their equivalent of the Ranger (forgot their name for it) with a diesel engine! They were everywhere! Is it a popular (or possible) conversion? CE
  19. B2300 2003 ball joints already?

My 2003 B2300 has only 60K and ball joints need replacing already. Is this normal?! There are no zerks on them either! Thanks CE

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad