• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '97 Ranger Build

At this point I was ready to put it all back together. Before bolting the inner fender back up (I purchased some new nutserts to replace the rusted/broken originals) I took the sawzall and removed the "tray" from the bottom off the inner fender, which would have otherwise covered the lower...
  2. '97 Ranger Build

Before I could get the truck back on the road I had to wrap up a few things. I started on my explorer center console retrofit with the steel supports, both the center and the attachment to the lower dash support structure. The ranger floorplan lacks the void for the tabs, so I cut those off...
  3. '97 Ranger Build

At this point it was time for assembly. The kit came without instructions, but install was straight forward. The radius arms mount behind the front cab mounts, and before the transmission mount on the passenger side. I did need to eliminate a flare on the bottom of the passenger side frame rail...
  4. '97 Ranger Build

Eventually, after weeks of fighting the MN cold and firing up the wood stove I had the frame painted back to the rear cab mount. I used a wire wheel to clean the frame before using a rusty metal primer and paint. Once I get the explorer 8.8 setup I will do the same in the rear. I found some...
  5. '97 Ranger Build

After realizing I needed additional parts I made a quick decision (although I knew I wanted this setup anyway) and called Solo Motorsports for their Stage 1 setup. This kit has cut and turned beams, 4" coils, DOM tubing/heim joint radius arms and mounting brackets, extended brake lines, and...
  6. '97 Ranger Build

Next I installed the short shifter. This was relatively easy with the provided instructions. This is pictured before the console swap; however, what I found in the front end would mean I wouldn't be driving it again for a while... I tore the hubs off and noticed I was missing the snap ring on...
  7. '97 Ranger Build

Work started cleaning up the POs (or earlier PO) hack job wiring. There was a vacuum and temp gauge inserted in the dash vents, and some sketchy wiring under the hood that I cleaned up. Fortunately, they had left the old temp gauge in place so I was able to wire it back up easily. I also used...
  8. '97 Ranger Build

I would like to use this thread to chronicle my build. I've utilized a lot of information from TRS in the last few months, and hopefully someone will find my thread useful as well. I bought a 2015 GMC new and after a couple years I was completely sick of it. A myriad of repairs and fear about...
  9. test

test2 Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  10. test

test Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  11. test

12. Electrical Issues

Hello Everyone, new to the forum and I'm having an issue with my '97 (supercab, 4wd, 4.0, 5 speed) I'm having an issue that is triggered by any of the following: Turning headlight switch to turn headlights on (headlights only, not markers) Flashing headlights, without headlight switch on, from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad