• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. .38spl

Wanted Rear Axle Cover, 7.5, With Drain and Fill Plug

I've added plugs to my stock cover.
  2. .38spl

Simple things you hate doing?

Wiper blades. And I never change them unless it's raining. Masking before paint.
  3. .38spl

Off-road MYTHS part 1

Even loaded down with camping gear for five people, a full kitchen, and 5 kayaks, this trailer does not have enough weight on it to fully take advantage of the springs. I have to air down, or even my wimpy little 2.9 Bronco will turn that trailer into a kite.
  4. .38spl

Engine ticking

The only way to stop a 2.9 from ticking is to turn off the key!
  5. .38spl

Hello from KY

Welcome from Kuttawa KY
  6. .38spl

Wanted 87 BII Driver's Side Rear Bumper Pad

I've got one in Western KY. I'll ship it for 30.
  7. .38spl

Recommend me a bumper

AOR's stuff looks really good. I've built similar bumpers for others, and I can't hardly touch their prices for something comparable.
  8. .38spl

Snake oil

Blue Devil coolant system/ block sealer. Put some in a 5.9 Dodge with a leaky head gasket, and it’s still working good 25k miles later.
  9. .38spl

TRS Race Truck

I’m in Western KY, not far from Nashville though. If there’s anything going on in this area, im down.
  10. .38spl

1952 Ford 8N worth restoring?

This was my great grandfathers TO20. Not the same as an 8N, but close. Works good as an overgrown lawn mower, driveway grader, and for moving heavy-ish stuff with the boom pole. Also lots of fun for general backroads prowling.
  11. .38spl

4.0 swap ahead

“Truths” I’ve read here: * You can’t run 33’s on a 7.5 *You can’t run 33’s on a Dana 28. All these rigs are on stock axles, running 33-35” tires. Everything you read here says not to. Ive talked to guys running 7.5/D28 under 302 and 351’s. It’s all in how you drive it. Be gentle. I really...
  12. .38spl

Catching up: My Bronco II build thread

I was on a run there for a little bit. It’s been pretty dry lately.
  13. .38spl

First gen body parts

$30 each My bad. I thought y’all referred to them as first gen up until the first full re-design in 93.
  14. .38spl

Sway bar bracket

I’ll check.
  15. .38spl

First gen body parts

Fenders, doors, 89-92 hood, headlight assemblies, Explorer grill, 89-92 front bumper. Make offers. Located in Kuttawa KY 42055
  16. .38spl

Sway bar bracket

Any chance a Bronco II bracket is the same?
  17. .38spl

Lucky guy....

I’ve never had one that new, but have always wanted to add a 93-up 4x4 Super Cab to my fleet. Sounds like he done well.
  18. .38spl

Catching up: My Bronco II build thread

In time, the sheet metal plate that located the starter gets worn and sloppy. The teeth on the flywheel get some wear too. That’s why we see so many grinding starter problems. On the Facebook pages, there is someone new every week who is on their their third new starter, and it still grinds...
  19. .38spl

4.0 swap ahead

Why I’m doing a 4.0 swap instead of putting in the extra 2.9 I already have: -My truck has 33/12.50/15 tires, 4.10 gears, locker in the rear. I have to stomp my 2.9, ride the clutch, etc when I’m in the woods. Sure, I can run up and down the highway and drag my 16’ Lowe boat, but that’s a...
  20. .38spl

New (not so new) Guy From Western KY

Here’s my thread https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/catching-up-my-bronco-ii-build-thread.184415