• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. Mightyfordranger

2.5L ('98-'01) battery light on.... alternator?

I got it now. Thanks Ron. Also I'm not sure if can change my post title. But I'd like to make it something more relevant for a google search. So anyone in need can find this info.
  2. Mightyfordranger

Also thanks ron your the best.
  3. Mightyfordranger

ok im following you a bit. i had a spare one in my parts pile it looked much newer than the one i pulled. fired it up and it still came on. so you say its the green wire off the alt right? that would be the ground to that battery light? wonder if its got a fray in it somewhere shorting to ground...
  4. Mightyfordranger

battery light comes on and off on my 99 2.5 but i checked the output and its putting out 14.2 volts anyone know what the number is that it trips the light?
  5. Mightyfordranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Changed out the seat backrest because it was killing my back. Was walking all hunched over. I have a deal with petroleumjunky for a new set. Just gotta get the time to run out and meet him.
  6. Mightyfordranger

What's up man. Thats a dope 2nd gen ya got there.

What's up man. Thats a dope 2nd gen ya got there.
  7. Mightyfordranger

Oh crap? 97 F150

They different ssized ones and even smelly one too!
  8. Mightyfordranger

Cheaper than free oil?

Just read today that oil prices went below zero? I don't quite understand what this means. Can someone explain it?
  9. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

That's a weird system. Almost have to re teach it. But alright I did monkey with that screw a tad today. I backed it off like 1/2 turn. Maybe it needs more? Idk I never messed with it before that. So as far as I knew that screw hadn't be turned in 30 years till. I gave it a squeak today. But...
  10. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

I'll make another video real quick
  11. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

That line your talking about that's looped. Its a hard plastic line with rubber ends. I think that's my map sensor. I seen other videos where the first gen 2.9s had the map as a little sensor bolted to a stamped sheet metal bracket. I don't have that it goes straight into the firewall. The one...
  12. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

Also that little pcv valve deal on the pass side valve cover. Its got 2 vac ports one runs to the throttle body area where does the second one go? It was just open so I stuffed a hose with a screw over it to stop any vac leak.
  13. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

Alright ill post up another video. Just got it all back togther with the new injectors and tps i wired a new plug for the tps too. Its got new vavle cover gaskets as well. Not that it makes a difference right now anyway. But I'm not sure if I have the rotation of the tps right when I put it...
  14. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

that's odd. because it gets so bad it will hold the throttle open at like 3k rpm. I was hoping that the new tps sensor would solve that part
  15. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

alright. so I bought a set of injectors, TPS sensor, set of valve cover gaskets, and a set of intake manifold gaskets as well. I haven't gotten to make the little fogger pump I found a video of up there do to not wanting to go into Walmart while a virus is afoot. so look over this quick video...
  16. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

Ah thanks for the tip i prolly would miss those 2 bolts under the valvecover.
  17. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

I ordered some injectors from summit. And some rims and tires too. Gonna head over there in the morning and pick it all up. Change it out over the next few days.
  18. Mightyfordranger

Poorly running 89 2.9

Well I just filled it up too....dang it. I mean I can just pull em out and let them soak in some cleaner I guess over night. Or I'll price them at summit. And grab em I bet autozone wants an arm and a leg. I gotta get rims and tires for the thing anyway