• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

I I saw lots of different ways to stack the clutches on Google but I chickened out and just put them back the way they came.
  2. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

I should've thought of that. I've run into wear on an open 8.8 diff in my F150 where the cups had welded to the spider gears and ate into the carrier causing a ton of slack.
  3. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

I honestly didn't know there was anything to check. I soaked the new ones and put them in the same order the old ones came out. I'd read something about adding one of old clutch plates to each side but it just didn't seem like it was going to fit back together. It's highly unlikely I have 225hp...
  4. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

Well, new clutches and the same problem. One tire in 1st gear but both tires spin from 2nd on. Is that just how limited slip works? Maybe that's where the "slip" part comes from?
  5. Daniel Black

Too much rake

Just an update but I finally got around to swapping in a set of springs. I ordered a set for a '90 standard cab 4.0 and it helped massively. Can't say how much since I replaced all the front end bushings while I was in there and even found new bushings for my front sway bar. Now I think the...
  6. Daniel Black

Aftermarket Headers

I used a Pinto header on my '87 but I'm not 100% positive it would fit a 93-97. I think the basic frame and suspension are set up the same. The Pinto header i used didn't have any place for an oxygen sensor. It did have a hole for the carb style egr pipe. You'd have to weld in the bung for the...
  7. Daniel Black

1990 steering shaft modification

I use a manual transmission with the big bellhousing for a 164t flywheel. I have the Trans-Dapt motor mount kit. The rear tube on the passenger side is very close to the frame. A lot of people make a small notch for clearance. I didn't and it does hit the frame sometimes so I will when I swap...
  8. Daniel Black

Moog CC840 Coil Springs

I have stock beams and stock '87 2wd, 2.0 suspension. I think that's how I saw it on Rockauto too that 2wd and 4wd use the same springs. Only difference I saw was engine size or standard vs extended cab.
  9. Daniel Black

1990 steering shaft modification

For what it's worth, Tri-Ys fit great on my '87 with a 302.
  10. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

Excellent! I just didn't want to spend the money if they were gonna go right back out again. Thanks.
  11. Daniel Black

Educate me 7.5 guys

On my '87 302 swap I still use a 7.5 diff. It has 3.73 gears and factory limited slip. The problem is the clutches have gone out so only a one tire burnout, even in the wet now. Could it just be the nearly 35 year old clutches or is the V8 the problem? The 302s been in for almost a year but the...
  12. Daniel Black

Moog CC840 Coil Springs

Most Most likely the original coils in the '90. Everyone thinks it's a 4x4 with all the ground clearance it has. I may just use those coils. I think I'll have to take my front sway bar off on the '87 to get the beam down far enough and it was a mother to put on.
  13. Daniel Black

Moog CC840 Coil Springs

Thanks. I have a '90 parts truck. It's an ext cab, 2.9, auto, ps, pb, a/c and cruise. It sits very high off the ground and still has room left with 235/75/15 tires. I can't imagine my standard cab, base model truck with no options weighs more than the '90, even with the V8. I want the front to...
  14. Daniel Black

One tire rub.

Maybe 145 but the guy who had the truck new could have been 450 for all I know. lol
  15. Daniel Black

One tire rub.

I don't think so. It was worst in long, sweeping right hand turns. That's when I could actually hear the tire rubbing. The truck has zero wheel hop when revving it up and dumping the clutch. I did notice today that the rear sway bar has twisted around at its clamps. Even at the outside the pass...
  16. Daniel Black

Moog CC840 Coil Springs

This is an old thread but how would you rate the stiffness of the 842s over the 840s? I have an '87 and I'm still on the original 2.0 springs. I'm not too concerned with ride height as long as it raises it up some but I'd like the front to be as stiff as possible. I hate all this bouncing and...
  17. Daniel Black

Free Radiator and trans.

All parts have been picked up and are out of my way.
  18. Daniel Black

One tire rub.

Honestly the front was so bouncy I couldn't get a feel for what was going on in the back of the truck. The truck is in no way set up for handling but I couldn't help myself. The truck sits very high in the back and I just can't figure how it could move enough for the tire to rub. I can jump on...
  19. Daniel Black

One tire rub.

It seems pretty equal. It is the drivers side. I had some tools in the bed at the right rear, plus the wife and battery were on the right side. Just me and the gas tank on the drivers side but for some reason it seemed to get worse as fuel burned off.
  20. Daniel Black

One tire rub.

I still have the narrow 7.5 from a first gen with no lowering of any kind. Still stock suspension. I think I'll roll that lip in though. I can see where it's Black from the tire rubbing. Just seems odd for one side and not the other.