• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. Help with AC: Not turning on...

I have a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.3L auto. About 2-3 weeks ago my wife drove my truck and said that there was just hot air blowing out. I confirmed this when I drove. Turn to max ac and it's just the ambient air or as hot as it is outside. Back in 2013, I replaced the AC compressor because it was...
  2. can you get any more accessories on a truck?

Na I just bought it because it looked cool to me, reminds me of that 70's mustang look where mullets ruled the streets. I happened to catch it on Amazon when it was on sale for about $40 or something around then. If I paid the $120 they are now probably not. It is only plastic, thin at that...
  3. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

Ok so I decided to take the ranger up to my parents house in PA... about 4 hours from me. It's quite hilly/inclines throughout the trip and of course the truck sometimes just struggles to get up some of the hills unless it's floored almost. I start writing things down on my phone every time...
  4. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

I ordered a new sending unit. That should get here in a few days but I don't think that's the problem. I say that because the temp gauge goes up on the cluster. From what I have researched if it was bad it would fluctuate a lot of the times. Where this actually goes up as the temp goes up or...
  5. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

In the time I've owned the truck, about 6+ years now I never once noticed this. I will note I haven't had the ultra gauge up until about a year or two but never noticed this temp drop like this. I want to say this is in fact new behavior. I drove to work today. No problems with temp going...
  6. Thermostat dropping temp randomly?

Have a bit of a weird issue/quirk going on... I have an ultra gauge in the truck so I can monitor various things via the OBDii port. Engine temp is one of them. Since I have a 2001 2.3L autoit has a cylinder head temperature sensor rather than an engine coolant temp sensor. Temp will read...
  7. Ranger Bed Bolts? Anyone know specifics?

While I am doing other stuff I am going to replace the bed bolts and clips. Found them online. Problem is they don't specify length. I have the following part numbers/links. Note that I want to stick with OEM, I do not want Dorman or any other kit out there. I am OK with paying $100 for...
  8. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Truck has about 182k miles on it. I picked it up back in 2011 at 109k. Did the heater control valve when I first got the truck because that was leaking. I did the degaus bottle last year because the original had hair line fractures on the top. Both oem motorcraft. I did the water pump...
  9. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Awesome! Thank you for the burping process.. I know 100% I never did that. Simply filled the system up an drove. Came back after it was cool and checked the topped off again. I did a pressure test today from the advance auto kit to rent and it lasted long eough before popping off that I and...
  10. 2003 2.3L getting too hot??

Older thread but wanted to ask some questions. I keep getting a mist action of coolant coming out of my degas bottle from the rad cap.... I have replaced the cap many times via an OEM motorcraft one but eventually they all slightly mist out. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM motorcraft...
  11. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

I know this an old thread but I am looking for some guidance. Curious how did you break the actuator? The arm or the electronic plug on it..? etc? OP: Did the new IMRC valve work? I just replaced my worn out intake manifold on my 2001 2.3L because the runner control flaps were making a...