• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Search results

1. svtcards

5.0 Swap

It seems like the shifter location is closer to dash with your t5 or m5odr2 then with my old 2.3l trans.mine literally sits right in front of your console does now without your floor cup holder thing u have there.old post figured id reply a tad later. Lol
  2. svtcards

V8 Conversion Headers

A question that people always ask but can never give a definitive answer on what headers fit best on any generation ranger.
  3. svtcards

How many vaccum lines can i eliminate

Where does the charcoal cannister plug into? And in the pic that shows 2 lines going into the bottom of upper intake.what does the right smaller line control? I plan on painting block an reassembling engine in a few weeks so I need to know for sure which holes I can plug up?
  4. svtcards

I am keeping the efi system in place.im assuming I'm going to have to plug up some ports with rubber grommets.and what air pump system?and I don't think there is vaccum on the distributor.need to check to verify that
  5. svtcards

I eliminated smog ac already.don t have criuse control like mustang has of course. Want to eliminate what mustang has that my truck doesn't.like where do I connect charcoal cannisters.im assuming the supply will go to my power brakes like my 4cyl was.theres 2 connections under intake.not sure...
  6. svtcards

So I'm sure I've mentioned I'm In the process of doing a v8 swap in my 87 ranger.i have a 1995 mustang as my donor.now my question is that car has quite a few vaccum lines.how many and which vacuum lines can I eliminate from mustang to my ranger.
  7. svtcards

1st gen engine mount brackets?

Did u end up using the spacers that came with Rick's rangers mounting plates for driver side?also did u use the oem mounting bolts that came with engine?the wierd stud nut in the middle bolts?I ask because the mounting bolts r pretty short after I put plates up to it from my donor sn95.and way...
  8. svtcards

1997 Ford Ranger XLT 302 V8 HOT ROD SHOW TRUCK

I agree.tad over done for my test.and I was thinking the same thing about an old man buying every bolt on thing they make for a ranger.
  9. svtcards

1 step closer for V8 swap

Not sure y I'm having a hard time uploading pics not sure
  10. svtcards

1 step closer for V8 swap

Just finished painting and detailimg engine bay.now need to push this thing out and drive mustang in and start pulling that motor out.hopefully all put in b4 snow fall
  11. svtcards

V6 rubber mounts flexibility

Yes!same brand as well.i just wasn't sure if that was normal or not?
  12. svtcards

V6 rubber mounts flexibility

So I bolted up my v6 mounts for my V8 swap I'm currently working on.after I bolted them on I noticed that as i grabbed and twisted mounts a little that the driver side flexed quite a bit more then the passenger side did.is this normal? and should I be concerned with it?
  13. svtcards

5.0 Swap

That's what I was thinking.positive thinking.like to keep my center console without modifying the shit out of the t5.or get s-10 tailhousing and problem solved
  14. svtcards

5.0 Swap

For a t5 to sit where yours sits most people get a front shift tail shaft from an s-10 like ramcharger mentioned.or they buy one from modern driveline.im putting in a t5 from a 1995 mustang.if mine sits anyways close to where yours does I'd be pretty happy.
  15. svtcards

5.0 Swap

Or jungle Joe's .whoever posted that pic on location
  16. svtcards

5.0 Swap

I had a extended cab ranger as a parts vehicle with same 2.3l engine same yr as well.shifter location with in different spots.one was closer to dash and the other was closer to seats.oem trans on both.but different underneath.not sure how many different trans options they had in the 80s...
  17. svtcards

5.0 Swap

Is the foxbody t5 the same as the sn95 t5s?
  18. svtcards

Cab mount brackets

Rockauto may have something also