Search results

1. Mystery console electrical connector

I noticed this connector hanging down from under the center dash console the other day and I have no clue what it goes to. Anybody have a guess? As far as I can tell all my controls and such work so I don't think it's a connector that fell off something recently.
  2. 94 3.0 running rich

Hello all, back again with another question about my B3000. I've been fighting with my truck running rich for several months now. Most of the time the check engine light stays off but it will flash on for 10 seconds or so then turn back off. When I pull codes they are codes like 173/177/188...
  3. Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor wiring question

I'm replacing my ECT with a Motorcraft one but I have to replace the pigtail for it as well due to the original wiring being bad. My question is that the wire colors used on the pigtail don't match the ones coming from the wiring harness. Is there a way to tell which wire I need to soldier to...
  4. Replacing worn out body mounts

Wanting to replace worn out body mounts. I can't seem to find a kit that is specific to my truck, a '94 Mazda B3000 SE. Would the body mount kits available for the Ford Rangers of that year be compatible? I have the extended cab with jumpseats.
  5. ABS light won't go off

In my '94 B3000 the ABS light won't go off. The truck has Ford's RABS system. The brakes work fine, but the light won't go off. I've pulled the ABS flashout codes and I get a code 16, which is supposed to be a system passed. But if its a system passed... why won't the light go off? I've...
  6. Vacuum line question

When I first got my truck I found that I had a rotted vacuum line that went from a plastic pill capsule shaped container on the passenger side of the engine on top of the ac box down to a T of vacuum lines. The line has a very small diameter and I didn't have the right size hose so I capped it...
  7. Idle speed 94 3.0 5 speed

I've done some research on this but I can't confirm what a 94 3.0 5 speed is supposed to be idling at when running on closed loop and warmed up. My truck idles at 750 rpm. Is there a spec sheet I can read that will have this information?
  8. Hissing sound while at highway speed

So I noticed during a test drive last night that when in 5th gear at highway speed I have a rather loud hissing noise coming from what sounds like behind the center dash. It is linked to the accelerator. when I let off the gas and coast it goes away completely. I don't believe it to be a...
  9. Timing marks on the block for ignition timing

I'm about to go insane trying to set the timing right on my 1994 B3000. Can someone who has owned one please verify if what I took a picture of is the timing mark? If so, how do I read it? I thought tonight that I put cylinder 1 at 10 degrees BTDC and lined the dizzy up but the truck won't start.
  10. Mystery knocking sound after rebuilding the top end

Got my truck running again but now there is a very obvious knocking sound that was not there before. I suspect I didn't get the valvetrain rocker bolts quite right. Don't think it's piston rod knock. Looking for some advice though. I had to replace heads after overheating due to rust...
  11. MLS or Composite Head Gaskets?

Through a series of unfortunate cooling events I blew the head gaskets on my newly repaired B3000... sigh. In any event which would be a more forgiving gasket for a 25 year old block? The composite gasket offered by Mahle or the MLS gasket offered by felpro? I've cleaned and checked the...
  12. Removing and replacing Driver's side Core Plug; Mystery cylinder

Hello All, After the forum helped me to get my sorted from an ignition issue, about 5 minutes of running later a core plug blew out on the driver's side just above the motor mount. After examination I've determined a few things: 1. Plug was severely rusted and I'm glad it failed while I was...
  13. B3000 won't start

Recently acquired a new to me 1994 B3000 with 168k on it. Previous owner blew a head gasket and had it torn down to the heads when I made the purchase. 3 months later... I've rebuilt the engine from the block up and replaced the warped and cracked heads along with the bad head gaskets. The...