Search results

1. PetroleumJunkie412

Odd issue with my 1994

.....sup.
  2. PetroleumJunkie412

Cylinder head options

I have Promaxx. They aren't bad, just don't get them from J&C in WV. J&C recycles used valves, springs, etc. into fresh castings and pass them off as quality. They check nothing, regrind everything sloppy AF, and sell it. Amateur work and utter trash. But, the castings themselves are just...
  3. PetroleumJunkie412

Swapping 2010 ranger rear axle on 89 ranger

2010 spring plates and u bolts are completely different. May need a different driveshaft as well.
  4. PetroleumJunkie412

Ford 2.9L Cosworth On Ebay!!

Never. Listening to the critics. I quit.
  5. PetroleumJunkie412

1st Gen door panels/armrest repair

Its hit and miss. The vinyl and trim doesn't hold up to rub areas like steering wheels. Trim and bumper is more durable on plastics. Any solvent spill and its gone Does ok on red carpet. Back trim panel still shines red in direct sunlight. Going to reshoot in bumper black and see what happens...
  6. PetroleumJunkie412

Buying American and a thought experiment

I've always wondered if I could convince a manufacturer to sell me an unassembled vehicle. Bare metal as well. Dear gods, the improvements you could make in just rustproofing alone...... Step one..... send everything out to be galvanized.....
  7. PetroleumJunkie412

Yep. Youre right. I'll abandon the project while I'm at it because you're just sooooooooo correct.
  8. PetroleumJunkie412

y'all are ****ing hilarious.... 🖕🏿🖕🏿🖕🏿🖕🏿🖕🏿
  9. PetroleumJunkie412

Asked for a shipping quote. Well see.
  10. PetroleumJunkie412

Thermostat chat, Ranger temp obsession (let's split some hairs)

confessed owner of a 180 high flow On a bone stock engine, listen to these guys. But, um.... resident crazy person. unwrapped headers and passive electric cooling fans stuck in August traffic. Open cowl to engine and blower fan. No ac. 5 spd. Parkway on greentree hill inbound. Coveralls...
  11. PetroleumJunkie412

1989 2.9 ranger: journey to passing inspection

also, before you junk the 4.0, there's a lot worth hanging on to. Or that I'd buy.
  12. PetroleumJunkie412

1989 2.9 ranger: journey to passing inspection

Please tell me you're saving those rims...
  13. PetroleumJunkie412

Buying American and a thought experiment

As of late, I've been looking for American made options with everything I buy. Tired of feeding the Chinese machine. Bring it home. Of course, difficult to do, most of this stuff is slave labor made. Americans love cheap crap, and to complain about it. I'm guilty of it. Then the...
  14. PetroleumJunkie412

1990 ranger diesel conversion

DO ALL THE SWAPS THIS ONE BRINGS ME JOY. i feel better now.
  15. PetroleumJunkie412

Project let's get my engine running as good as it can!

Ehh, with plugs usually goes wires, cap, and rotor. Motorcraft wires, always. Look for a brass cap and rotor. Coil could be getting ready to crap itself as well. Motorcraft or MSD/Crane are good choices. My personal preference is MSD, but they have a higher failure rate vs. Motorcraft. You may...
  16. PetroleumJunkie412

Ceramic paint crap.....

Little column A, little column B
  17. PetroleumJunkie412

Anyone have a 22 mag?

Have a savage mako thats been worked over several times in 22lr. Strict bench rest gun, eley ammo only. Shoot it every couple of years. Same deal.. wears off.. Eh.
  18. PetroleumJunkie412

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Look man. We live in uncertain times. I'm just sayin. Your vehicles security system should be tiered - first you get the beeping and the flashing, and if you're dumb enough to keep going, well, hit the afterburner
  19. PetroleumJunkie412

Coronavirus

I thought you dead. Welcome back. Oh yeah. Dirtman wants me to say: Give yer balls a tug, fight me, see what happens I don't mean it though. You aight.