Search results

1. 1991fordranger1

1990 ranger diesel conversion

I've drove it to work for a week now and its telling me something very loud and clear and that's that it needs a suspension lift I'm hitting the bump stops on the front. The back is sagged out pretty bad. I guess I could just get new factory stuff but it only makes sense to try and upgrade it...
  2. 1991fordranger1

It is a vw intercooler so it is plastic it just looks like box from that angle. It gets air from the front thru it just the explorer grill I have blocks it a bit. When I get a ranger grill it will be right too it.
  3. 1991fordranger1

Your seeing the intercooler it looks like a air box well I guess it's a box that air goes thru so it's not wrong. But it goes from the foam filter to the turbo thru the turbo to the intercooler then into the motor intake
  4. 1991fordranger1

Well I went thru the issues that I had with the first drive. The orb fitting I had that went into the filter head was leaking the oring looked bad so I just replaced it with a copper washer and pulled it up tight no more oil leak there. The other oil leak I had was from the oil drain from...
  5. 1991fordranger1

Not a great picture but I got an exhaust on it. It goes 2.5 from the down pipe to 3 inch after the flex it comes back over the axle and exits with about a 30inch 4inch with a slash cut. Should make the turbo really whistle nicely. I hope to get out there for a hour or two to tie up the battery...
  6. 1991fordranger1

I drove it today. One oil leak where it goes into the filter head oring may just need replacing. Polyurethane was a terrible idea lol at idle she vibrates pretty intense but under load it's good. I have alot of stuff to finish and will keep at it but mechanically I think I'm doing pretty good
  7. 1991fordranger1

I never thought far enough ahead to think about just cutting the factory box to make that fit in there I'll see but I might just make an aluminum box later
  8. 1991fordranger1

I may end up building a box around the filter and fresh air it from the front or atleast a shield to the motor side to keep the heat from it a bit time will tell
  9. 1991fordranger1

So I got the motor running but not from the factory fuel line. I fought with it for a few hours and it kept sucking air and I dont know where from. I instead just used a jerry can and ran it to the fuel pump hand primed it and bled more air and it seemed to do the trick. I think I'm just going...
  10. 1991fordranger1

I machined up a spacer for now so I will have rwd and I'll work at the 4x4 after I have it moving. I installed 10 foot long battery cables that i made up. Thays like 120 dollars worth of battery cable but the battery is in the box now so woo
  11. 1991fordranger1

Yea for sure. I don't have a dead line just a itch to drive it. At this point I'm ready to just hear it run to be happy but ya if I rush it I'll end up regretting it.
  12. 1991fordranger1

Progress slowly but surely
  13. 1991fordranger1

Oil system in. Still have oil feed lines to hook up but need to get my egt sensor put in first. Progress
  14. 1991fordranger1

I spun up this cap to remove the boost aniroid off the injection pump. I know it would make it more economical and no smoke but what can I say my wife says she thinks its cool I'll give her black smoke.
  15. 1991fordranger1

Thank you I really appreciate the positive response. It helps me to want to push it to be better!
  16. 1991fordranger1

Power train is back in there Took a hour and a half engine trans and t case I thought that was pretty good on the floor. Hope it stays in there now. Have to make a spacer for the drive shaft. I think if I remember right the a4ld is longer then the fm145 which might be why I have drive...
  17. 1991fordranger1

I never have had the diesel leaking from it just oil but eh it might hold up if the oil gets on it at least it will all be black still
  18. 1991fordranger1

Amazing what a 8 dollar can of spray paint can do
  19. 1991fordranger1

A little painting Had to cover the bare metal and didnt know how to do it besides covering it all.